Voodoo_Operator

Important message for all RCMP Submod fans

Starting now, I am removing all animated GIF signature pics for the RCMP submod.

Please keep in mind the site rules for signature pictures:

The maximum dimensions of the signature are 500 by 180 pixels. The maximum size of the signature is 450 kb.

The current RCMP submod fan images do not comply to these rules. I noticed some of those files are over 7 MB big. That is WAY too huge and thus unacceptable. You're eating away forum users' bandwidth, turning whole topic pages into unreadable light shows, and putting a strain on this site (you may have noticed many outages lately) when you use images this big.

You're free to use signature pictures as long as they comply to the image and file size criteria listed in the quote above. I will indiscriminately remove all images that don't.

Thank you.

EDIT: By the way, in theory, the non-animated "Official supporter of the RCMP" banner is too wide by site rules (600px width instead of 500px) but I'll let it slide as long as you don't use the bigger animated gifs.

Also, the rules mean that you can only have ONE signature picture - the numbers given in the rule are for the whole signature and not for every individual picture (in theory you could have 2 or more small ones, but seeing as most pictures are already on par with the limits or slightly exceed them, double/triple deckers will not be tolerated)