Boomer-Australia

Best way to deal with protests?

Hi!

In any La based mod I do it like this:

First I send a few patrol cars to divert traffic and to send back people. I send back civilians so that they wont join the protest. I put police officers around the protest and face them outwards, then i use the send people back command.

The next thing to do is to call for one large police vehicle and one prisonvan. Some ambulances just in case.

The rioters will start attacking the nearest police as soon as you try to arrest any of them, so I strive to have at least as many police officers as there are rioters. I put every police to target one bad guy and soon all of the rioters are in custody. I still have the area blocked off by the polices that I put in the very beginning, and they will keep sending people back until the mission is flagged "completed". The event will be completed when you have sent the policecars/prisonvan where the bad guys are, back to HQ.

I hope I helped, and have fun!

In standard mode, I handle a riot in one of two ways - this usually works with mods, as well:

If there are only one or two demonstrators when I get the call, I simply send 2-3 patrol cars and arrest them, before it spills over.

If there are lots of demonstrators, or too many for the patrol car cops to deal with - call in a water cannon, position it in front of your police units and turn it on. Use armoured vehicles like the Special Carriers in case of projectiles, failing that vans. I usually send vans/carries of marksman (and one sniper). Remember your ultimate aim is to arrest the suspect holding the sign - once this is done and he is placed in custody inside a vehicle, the riot ends. With the water cannons active, simply pick off the demonstrators if any of them stray to close to your police units.

Failing that, snipers and an ICA :D

If it's getting big, bring in a watercannon/armoured hydro tank on standby - also cool the buildings near the protest. Until the riot ends, don't deploy medics or firegihters outside of vehicles, the rioters will attack them and casualty numbers will spiral. And if you wan't to avoid too many casualties, bear in mind that the water cannon's jet does lower rioters helath.

Hope it helps :)

Hello, If you call 2-3 police patrol cars (LA mod) than a wat team with a sniper than you have an EMT come to the scene, after this you use the sniper to take down the one with the sign, This will not make them attack your personal. Send your strecher team and pic him up, remove him and than set him down, let a FF/PM treat him for about 1 minute than load him into the ambulance and the iot will end and they will all walk away. (No need to arest them at this point).

on the London mod i deploy all of my TSG units to the area and have traffic officers close the roads then have either TSG officers(without protective clothing) or normal response officers close the paths and keep civilians away the have TSG officers (in protective clothing) surround the protesters call in LFB and LAS and put them on stand by call in a custody van and begin making arrests on the main perpetrators.

I just grab and throw a flashbang into the crwod, have an officer grab the guy put him in the car and drive off. Happy ending for everyone. I HAVE shot them all before though.