chrisblaalid

WOW... piece of crap or heaven on earth?

Do you play wow?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play wow?

• Hell yeah! IT ROCKS!!
    • yeah, sometimes
    • nah, did before though..
    • never tried..
    • Hell no... No no no no... NO!!

What is really the people's view on the game WOW?

Personally I hate it... And yes, I have tried it.. So I am not speaking out of ignorance... I really hate it..

I can't really see the point in it, running around acting as ogre's, dwarfs and so on.. Doing what? Quests?

Harvesting? and to see how it turns your friends into really really geeks.. talking about wow aaall day long..

I have actually spent a whole day with my friends sitting quietly in a corner of a sofa listening to them talk about wow on and on and on and on and on.. ganked him, lol, ping this, slashed that, 1337 and so on... makes me SICK!!

Wow is actually the game that made me play EM even moore :P when I lived in an apartment with two friends, we sat in the basement with a computer each, they were playing wow... I played EM4 :P

But even if WOW made me love EM4 even moore, It can never make up for beeing a game without meaning and purpose, filled with retarded cartoons, wasted time, distasteful in the least ... simply a game that quite frankly is an annoyance because it makes people more and more damaged in the head

I hate it, I hate when people speaks about it, that, unfortunately, I know too many people that plays it and what is worse, thinks, seems the thinks and behaves like if they were are in the country of the elfs and fairies and discuss about the life of a character of the game, get a life wow players!!!!

I'm really agree with you Chrisblaalid, wow is a

piece of shit!

I've never tried the game - not interested at all by the subject matter, or by having to pay a monthly subscription to a game that I already paid full price. To me, that amounts to idiocy.

However, I do know some people who play the game and... wow (no pun intended). Strangely enough, what sets them aside is that they all seem to have strong social deficiencies. And I'm not saying that to be mean or anything, I say it because it's true. They all have a questionnable social behavior while interacting with others. However, when they interact between fellow WOW players, they suddenly become very sociable, as long as you can get over the fact that their only topic of discussion is WOW.

I think this is one of the only games that really screw up with people's minds and behaviors. Forget GTA or CoD, if there's a game that actually harms people, I think it's WOW.

I've never tried the game - not interested at all by the subject matter, or by having to pay a monthly subscription to a game that I already paid full price. To me, that amounts to idiocy.

However, I do know some people who play the game and... wow (no pun intended). Strangely enough, what sets them aside is that they all seem to have strong social deficiencies. And I'm not saying that to be mean or anything, I say it because it's true. They all have a questionnable social behavior while interacting with others. However, when they interact between fellow WOW players, they suddenly become very sociable, as long as you can get over the fact that their only topic of discussion is WOW.

I think this is one of the only games that really screw up with people's minds and behaviors. Forget GTA or CoD, if there's a game that actually harms people, I think it's WOW.

I really have to agree on that fact..

And here is a true story:

Anders Behring Breivik (the one responsible after the Norway attacks this summer) actually played WoW on a regular basis... enough said...

I really have to agree on that fact..

And here is a true story:

Anders Behring Breivik (the one responsible after the Norway attacks this summer) actually played WoW on a regular basis... enough said...

Actually, I believe those statements, no matter which game is cited, aren't valid. Otherwise, you then have to also believe the statements according to which other shooting sprees have been caused by GTA, Call of Duty, Doom and the likes.

My point was that I don't believe that games such as GTA or Call of Duty, which are played casually, cause any change in a person's behavior. However, games like WoW, which incite players to become dependant in order to level up their characters, really cause harm to a people's behavior by isolating them from the world that surrounds them. The results are not going on a shooting spree, but rather failing to fulfill your needs and obligations in the real work, such as seeing your loved ones, going to/looking for work, and eventually cleaning up your house, managing your personal hygiene and eating. We've all heard of the horrible stories of people who died or caused the death of their infant childs by lack of attention, after playing WoW or Farmville for 50 hours straight.

It's interesting that you would bring up the case of the Norway shooter, though. From what I've heard, he wasn't actually playing WoW, but rather PRETENDED to be an intensive WoW player, in order to give him an excuse to be distant from his friends while he was working on his horrible plan. It goes to show the reputation of WoW players as being social outcasts.

Actually, I believe those statements, no matter which game is cited, aren't valid. Otherwise, you then have to also believe the statements according to which other shooting sprees have been caused by GTA, Call of Duty, Doom and the likes.

My point was that I don't believe that games such as GTA or Call of Duty, which are played casually, cause any change in a person's behavior. However, games like WoW, which incite players to become dependant in order to level up their characters, really cause harm to a people's behavior by isolating them from the world that surrounds them. The results are not going on a shooting spree, but rather failing to fulfill your needs and obligations in the real work, such as seeing your loved ones, going to/looking for work, and eventually cleaning up your house, managing your personal hygiene and eating. We've all heard of the horrible stories of people who died or caused the death of their infant childs by lack of attention, after playing WoW or Farmville for 50 hours straight.

It's interesting that you would bring up the case of the Norway shooter, though. From what I've heard, he wasn't actually playing WoW, but rather PRETENDED to be an intensive WoW player, in order to give him an excuse to be distant from his friends while he was working on his horrible plan. It goes to show the reputation of WoW players as being social outcasts.

gah.. missread your first post :P

sorry ...

What I read was that he played it on a regular basis... But it wasnt the reason why he did it, or why he became unstable.. but I do belive WoW had a small part in his story

He's a fascist, a fanatic, that's all, I don't think that in the fairies and elf land are influences to do it to these innocent people... Maybe that game can provoke that people gets marginated or behave like a....a....a strange person, and maybe yes, can influence the behavior, but I don't think, like I've said before, that can influence in make a person into a fascist. They said that his parents, of the political party against attempted, separated and that influenced him.

But I've also heard that one guy who played wow, took a katana and killed his parents, and like Voodoo has said, Farmville also caused its victims...

My friends constantly talk about WOW, and it bugs the shit outta me. I'm embarressed walking around with them next to other people as they blabber on about what level they are or how they destroyed each other -_-. I've tried it at one of their houses and hated it, then ended up watching him play for three hours or so, with him constantly muttering to himself.

I really don't see how people could be so addicted to it.