Guest MohsinQureshi

Managing fires?

I have a fun way of putting out fires:

1. Go to

Emergency/mod/(whatever mod you are playing/units/Fire Department/

2.Make a copy of the fireplane folder

3. Start the game, and the mod

4. cheat your selfe into having a couple of million :P

5. Since you made a copy of the fireplane, there will be two fireplanes available... send out the first... oh no, there are a 4 min waiting period...

6. send the other fireplane, wait? there is no waiting period for that one...

VOILA, you can send at least 20 planes at a time :P (but it will cost you) :P

unless you edit the fireplane price into 0 xD

and you do realise that the water from the air tanker can damage cars and hurt people, yes?

a small sacrifice to make, to save the world :P

However, aren't you supposed to close the streets when a whole area is on fire? :P

People can get hurt for getting to close to you know ;)

Yes but safety of your firefighters and civilians is the highest priority. You would rather let the fire spread than kill everyone on the fireground. (Well don't know about you)

no no no... I clear the area.. for both civilians AND firefighter... THEN I let the fireplane brigade do the work ;)

its funny, cause you actualy do more work sending people away from the fire to water-bomb the area, than just calling fire trucks

no, there are no civilians in the part of the forest where I use to waterbomb... so it isnt much work actually..

2-3 Truck (1 Tender, 2....forgot what their called Large Tanker?) With the water tender taking control of the fire that are threatening large areas with Fireman with chainsaws and axes trying to block of the fire with the other side I try to stop the fire, let it burn out or direct it away from harm or away from a residential area and last of all the middle truck tries to stop the source of the fire. It takes a couple of minutes to control plus I like chopping down the trees

Thanks, also when car accidents happen how do you cleanup the mess that is left on the road (broken glass, debris, etc)?

In missions, you can use the bulldozer to clear debris if required. General firefighting advice:

Position firefighters with hoses on hydrants surrounding fires, and if it's a big fire, keep the vehicles away from it - they can damage and explode, igniting more fires and causing more casualties. Cool buildings/objects that are likely to catch fire, make burning vehicles a priority to cool. If a vehicle is likely to catch fire, and you don't have the resources to cool it, simply get a TEC recovery truck to take it away. Make sure not to recover burning vehicles, for obvious reasons.

If you have enough money, I tend to call in a fireplane for any forest fires - there difficult to manage when they get out of hand. Make full use of the watercannons, which are useful when you don't want to/are too busy to micromanage your units. Call in the armoured hydro-tank for intense fires, deploy early as it is VERY slow. Note that a quick fireplane run can often extinguish a building fire before it starts. With forest fires, to stop them spreading to other forest areas seperated by paths, put watercannon engines and firefighter units along the path to stop them making the jump, and use the axe to chop trees on the other side to stop them catching. You can get an axe from the Heavy Rescue Vehicle.

Tl;dr version: Surround the fire!

Hope it helped :)