WelshManDan

Black Screen Common Problem - At a loss

Okay, im at a complete loss.

I am having the common problem, where once I launch the game, it launches in a window for a second, then switches to full screen and immediately crashes down to the desktop.

I have tried doing a hundred of the different things on here to fix it:

I uninstalled the k-lite codecs, I dont believe i have any other codecs installed, apart from ffdshow (or something like that)

I have attempted to change the resolution to 800x600, then 600x480, and yet my game still doesnt run.

I downloaded the new Configuration files from the download centre, and they didnt work.

I would be forever grateful if someone could give me a solution.

Oh and on a side note - My game used to run perfectly, only had some graphical problems yet it always worked without any CTDs. Only now when I have re-installed it is it not working.

Game Note: I bought the EM3/EM4 double pack from Amazon

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!

WMD

logfile.txt

DxDiag.txt

Run as admin, and I have discovered Amazon SUCKS!

Always run as admin, and I have disabled Account Control so Vista permanently runs everything in Admin mode, but ill try and re-enable Account Control and directly tell it "yes, RUN IT"

EDIT: I just tried this, and still no luck.

If ^ doesn't work, your resolution needs to be set higher. I use to have this issue as well but i am set at 1280X800 and it work perfectly now. Try it that way or keep it around that range.

I tried a huge range of Resolution problems, and I know that its the resolution thats causing the problem, just for some reason the game wont accept the resolutions, even though I played forever on 800x600, and after installing Winterberg managed to run it in 1280x1024, which was a dream come true.

I am

|--|------------

this close to banging my head against the wall!

EDIT: I tried using the repair function on my Discs autorun, and that didnt work either.

|-|------------ getting closer....

Okay, finally, I have manged to get it working.

I have no idea what I did, but I know I changed my Desktop Resolution, launched the game and it worked.

But I can now launch it with my Native Resolution (1440x900) and it automatically adjusts it to whatever screen res is within teh document. Hurrray!!!

However. All fun isnt over.

Suddenly, my main menu looks like this.

post-14893-0-13119900-1312295204.jpg

Has anyone had any problems with this in the past?

|----------|------

Not close to banging my head on the walll anymore!

I had the same problem.. .but mine was resolution based...

what I did was I took a print screen at the desk-top :P (it was around 05:30 am, I know....)

opened photoshop and choosed "New"...

If you see on the pix area you will see your resolution... OR you just can go to control panel, screen, screenresolution... (I think, I have norwegian as language, so words may be wrong)

fill that in the cfg file...