surferman

Cal Fire

Does anyone think it would be cool to make a Cal Fire mod. Just like their typical International Engine and maybe one of their older models. It might even be cool to have a Dozer and a Dozer transport. If you are interested please let me know.

do you need any pics of cal fire units ?, CAL FIRE dosen't just do wildland firefighting they also do city and county contracts for fire suppresion and ems/ hazmat. do you want city contacted units or state units or county contracted units?

no cal fire is a state fire department they can go any place in california they do hazmat,fire supression, ems,swift water rescue, auto ex, wildland fire supression, they have heilcopters and fix wing aircraft. they have contracts to citys and countys for fire and ems.this is a web site for Riverside County- type in www.rvcfire.org for the state-www.fire.ca.gov the way to tell a state fire unit form a city or county unit is state units have four #s on them city and county units have two #s and reserve have three #s on them

The pictures I've seen of Calfire are most units of the LA mod, I've seen the have many engines like the USFS truck, so I recommend you starting by reskinning these units. There are skinning tutorials in the tutorial section and take a look in the moddind and modding help section, there are some topics about reskinning, upacking files and some other process of modding. And you will need at least photoshop, gimp or paint and dds converter, that is in the download section.