heyjoojoo

Did I forget something? My reskin is fine but I have one door...

I have reskinned one of my fire engines and I correctly changed the file name in the associated .v3o file. But for some reason, when I view the model in the Editor, it shows correctly with the exception of one of the rear passenger doors. It still shows the original skin.

Where else do I need to edit for this one door to reflect my new skin?

Kareem

I have reskinned one of my fire engines and I correctly changed the file name in the associated .v3o file. But for some reason, when I view the model in the Editor, it shows correctly with the exception of one of the rear passenger doors. It still shows the original skin.

Where else do I need to edit for this one door to reflect my new skin?

Kareem

Probably you have added some doors in zmodeler? if so, open the model in zmodeler press right mouse button > properties > Polygons. If im right u will se Multiple Materials, change that to the skin you've used.

check the prototype to verify it uses the correct DOOR models, if it is infact using the correct door models in the editor under childs, then open the .v3o's to the doors and verify the texture assigned is the correct one it should be and not the original one you used as a base. You can change that in Zmod OR Notepad by simply replacing the name in the line that has .dds in it and a material name.

Well. Hmmm... I'm not sure what I did incorrectly. The only edits made wee to removing the dds (image) file and replacing it with a customized jpg file. In turn, I also updated the v3o(model) file with the new name of the new image (jpg)file. I didn't edit anything else. I shouldnt have to do anything else if I'm only editing the skin, right? The model file is not being modified in any way.

And no doors or anything else edited in Zmodeler. In fact never launched it.

A car does not have just one model to it, the model of a singular vehicle uses ALL doors, usually a wheel, and the main body assembly... IF you change the extension or the texture filename you must change ALL model file references IE every door on that vehicle to match the new extension and/or filename.

A car does not have just one model to it, the model of a singular vehicle uses ALL doors, usually a wheel, and the main body assembly... IF you change the extension or the texture filename you must change ALL model file references IE every door on that vehicle to match the new extension and/or filename.

Ooooooh, you're right. Thanks MikeyPI.