Guest ComputerCop

Police Missions

Guest ComputerCop

I haven't been playing E3 for very long, I have played E2 before on my friend's computer, but I really stink at the police missions. If I were a police officer in the game controlling my own movements (example ducking behind a police cruiser, etc), it would be way easier, but the cops in E3 are hard to work with.

Let me give an example: The traffic check mission. When it started, I knew by the calm nature of the mission that someone will either shoot one of the officers, or run the speed trap. As I've said in the last topic I posted, I have the LA Mod, so when the fugitive shot the speed camera, I was sort of dumbfounded that I couldn't command the two officers at the speed trap, since LAPD officers are armed. I shrugged it off and called in a CHP patrol unit, and an SUV with SWAT Officers in it.

They caught up to the bad guy, and I made the mission a lot harder than it should have been. I got the SWAT officers out of the SUV, and drew their weapons. The bad guy started firing, so I had them fire back. The problem is, these cops can't be told to duck behind their car or something, so 4 of them got shot (and were wounded), along with one of the CHP officers. I got frustrated and just sent the other CHP officer to wrestle the gun out of his hand and handcuff him. That worked...go figure. :stupid:

So while I'm getting medical units to take care of the injured police officers, I get a mission failure for too many casualties...probably because I forgot to get the second bad guy out of their crashed car. :laugh:

Any suggestions for these police missions to better protect the officers? The same thing happened in the cinema bomb mission, when I sent SWAT closer to the bombers, they get shot at. If I return fire, mission failed. So they can shoot at me, but if I return fire after being fired upon, I get a failure?!!

Guest ComputerCop

Yeah lately I just have two or three police officers run at the guy, wrestle him down and handcuff him. That usually works for the less-major (non-terrorist) crimes, even if the guy has a gun. But if its a terrorist mission (I tried the Hostage Situation at LAX mission from the LA Mod, every time I sent an LAPD cop beyond the barricade, he would get shot), then its tougher.

I managed to do the prison bus mission, just ran into the building with like 15 SWAT Officers holding flashbangs/stun grenades. Amazingly, they all drew their sidearms automatically and started shooting at the suspects when fired upon, so in the chaos of the shootout, I had a couple of the officers throw their grenades, then ran LAPD and LASD officers inside to handcuff them when they were stunned. End result, two terrorists under arrest, the rest were wounded and taken to hospital. Around 4 SWAT officers had to be taken to hospital as well, but no other officers were hurt :)

After that, was just a matter of sending the ambulances home, and carting away the two arrested terrorists in a SWAT truck.

I'm getting better at these! :D

Oh, the '2 children run over by a car' level was pretty easy. Sent two ambulances and three CHP patrols to the scene, one stayed at the scene to question witnesses, and while I was figuring out where to send the other two CHP cars, I spotted the vehicle involved at a house nearby, and a suspect walking around with a gun in his hand. Now usually police would be within rights to shoot him, but Hoppah made that mission with a "no lethal force" rules :P

So I just had two CHP patrolmen run upto him, wrestle him down, and slap the handcuffs on. He aimed the gun at them, but never fired :P

The other one, I assumed was in the house, so I first towed his car away trying to lure him out, no go. So I turned off the other CHP car's lights/sirens and had them park one house away, walk into the house, and handcuff him. He fired his gun, but was quickly arrested :P