Guest USSR4Life

Would you consider Emergency 4 the best in the series?

15 members have voted

1. 1. Would you consider EM4 as being the best in the series.

• Yes
    • NO!
    • Undecided

2012 Rants

Have you read the numerous complaints in the 2012 section? This poll is almost equivalent to asking someone if they would accept one million dollars given the opportunity. Not to mention 2012 has a large Achilles' heel - you can't mod it. That's where the game begins, and where it dies. Thus, you fall back to the original, newest version of the Emergency series, EM4. Couple that with the mods created, and being created and it's a safe assumption to say it's the most popular, and best selling.

dont forget.. there are previous Emergency's too.. not just 2012 and Emergency 4. I don't think he was just focusing on the two

The Emergency Series follows the same guidelines as most models, and companies. Each release contains units from the past + additional features / missions. The same can be said for modding. Each new release allows modders to do / add things they couldn't in the past. For this reason alone people don't step back and say Hey! I want to build a mod for EM3 when they could build one for EM4 and do more. Of course there are exceptions to this, but those who build exclusively for EM3 either have another EM4 compatible version, or already made their mod for EM3. Besides if someone was to pick up the game today they would go for the newest version, not the oldest. Since EM 2012 can't be modded, or much of anything most people choose to purchase EM4 or 911 FR if your American. That's why I compared 2012 off the bat and not EM2 or 3. They are irrelevant for the time, they have been supersede by newer releases.

Now if there was a roll reversal and EM 2012 was modifiable then perhaps it would surpass EM4. Just for the sheer fact when the new missions end without modifications this game can become boring, and mods are what add new "sparks" to it. However, since EM 2012 can't I don't see any reason why it could hold up on it's own against EM4. The same can be said for EM 2 and EM 3. They are older outdated releases, EM4 can do everything those could + more.