heyjoojoo

Is it possible to import existing model into Zmodeler?

Here's what I'm trying to do: I just want to edit one of the LAPD cars so that it has the Whelen style lightbar. So I need to remove the Argent style and add the Whelen style. I believe I need to do this Zmodeler which I'm not too familiar with. So do I need to build an entire crown vic or can I just import an existing one from the game to edit?

You can import the one from the game to edit. The file may need to be unlocked (like the skins) and then imported (File>Import).

Delete the existing Arjent - Polygon mode - Hotkey 3, click on model, Select > Quadr, select existing lightbar (right click and drag) with selected mod on (spacebar). Once the lightbar has been selected press Delete.

Import or merge the new lightbar, move/scale to position, attach to CV and export.

You have to unpack an existing one (the V3O) and the dds texture, look for the reskinning topic in the LA category, you have to physically remove the bar from the model that you want to edit along with merge the bar you want to use, you'll need that vehicle as well... Load both of them in Zmod in vertice mode remove the bar from the one you want to pull the bar off of... Next, the other model that you imported that has the lightbar on it remove the body leaving only the lightbar as that object. Then in object mode click "modify>Attatch" from the menu and left click on the lightbar, then an arrow w/ a line will appear click on the body model... This will link the lightbar to the model... Export the model and you're done.

Ick...

Both of you left great instructions but my brain refused to accept this level of data input. But I did find an alternative method that worked. I just swapped names of the files (lapd cv 2 was renamed lapd-cv) And so now my main crown vic patrol car has a whelen lightbar.

Thanks for the tips - It's sure to help others out there too.