ShadyCB

Error starts even though I got the dds plug-in.

I promise this is NOTa double post, I have the trial version of Photoshop CS5 with the dds plug-in, Now I am trying to followThis tutorial When i set the chpt.dds file to chpt.v3o like it said, Everything goes well, Until I go to load the texture from (Models/Vehicles/LA Police/chpt.v3o)It load's up but when it is finished, I Get this message. Could not complete your request because it is not the right kind of document. What am I doing wrong? I re-installed the dds plug-in,No luck, And even though im putting .v3o at the end of my renaming, It says this. (DDS File) So it obviously hasn't changed but when i go to check the CHP it is all white and unskinned,I need urgent help!.

You need to...

1. Rename the .dds you want to edit into .v3o (which you already did)

2. Go into the Editor, "Unpack file", find that .v30 file and unpack it.

3. Change the file back from .v3o into .dds

Then it will be able to open & edit :)

Eh sorry to burst your bubble but thats not true :s, What i mean is, is this, I can ONLY use Photoshop RAW file type but i dont know the height or the length, maybe im doing it wrong or something but i donno, it just keeps saying the same old same old never changes :(.

The DDS Plug in only works on the 32 bit version of CS5. If you have Windows 7, theres a good chance you have a 64 bit version of windows. In which case Photoshop should install the 32 bit and 64 bit version. Install the DDS plug in and open the dds file in the 32 bit version of photoshop.

Ok so after i tried to open the dds file again but with the Photoshop RAW type, I putted in the channel 32Bit and i also clicked on guess and the file is now open :D bad thing is though is all i still see is a grey box no textures or anything This could be because i am using RAW file type to open it and such but i mean come on what else am i ment to do, I'm on windows 7 aswell, I'll try the same with the London mod, I'll do a reply to the forum on this saying if it had worked or not.