ShadyCB

I need help with Paint.NET for some modded cars.

Sorry i don't know if this goes in here or not but heres my problem, i go to to Paint and i start it up, everything is running fine i have the photoshop.dds and the other version of dss just incase, now here is where the problem starts, i go to open a dds file on an k9 officer (LA MOD by hoppah) and it says this "There was an unspecified error while opening file" What does that mean? am i doomed and i cant do texture? or i can just how do i get pass this stupid barrier? i was all excited since im new to texture and stuff..and if anyone of yous are wondering why i chose the LA MOD its for private useage and plus, thats a total different topic lol, i need help what do i do?

Go read the reskinning tutorial in the LA Mod forums somewhere. I think its in the alterations forum. You didnt unlock the skin file.

i looked at the tutorial but its no good i cant understand it without seeing a video of it, Eh im special like that :s and whats even more confusing is a person who made a Dallas police force said he used Gimp 2 (which i also use for different 3D Textures)to open a file or something i donno!! its all way to confusing :s