Jakethejake

Help Me Start

Hi guys. I am looking to help out and start modding. Be advised that I am starting from the beginning. I mean the very beginning. Can anyone point me to a program or a forum or whatever where I can learn How to start? I don't do anything computer related. So I need to get the very basics down before I can move on. Where do I go to learn this stuff? Thanks!

Start with reskins, the site has tutorials that can help you rather well with finding the tools, as far as learning most of them go, there are tutorials for them but when you're new you do best to just tinker with the applications and figure out how they work on their own more often than not. Building new models has a STEEP learning curve unless you use sketchup, but even then it'll still need Zmod2 to FIX the model so that it may work in the game. Most modeling apps have extremely steep learning curves, even with tutorials it will be a major investment of your time and energy to figure it out. Reskins on the other hand you can get results pretty fast/easy which makes it less frustrating, and considering that models need textures anyway, reskinning first helps you out should you advance to the modeling end.

For tutorials see top menubar of the forum.