CrowleyEagles82

Google sketch up

In theory anything that can export to 3Ds format should be usable in Zmod, however they probrably will require tweaking once imported into Z2.. Sketchup is in no way really designed to be used for games, particularly Emergency, easy as it may be to use the software Zmod and it do not get along very well due to the excessive polys sketchup models become once converted, and the total disarray of said polygons once imported usually doesnt look the best in the game. Your best bet is to use Z2 if you're new to models because once you get over the learning curve Zmod isnt too harsh to use, alternatively look up Zmod 1.07, it is an older version of Zmod that some people find easier to work with which can be used to create models if you reset the axis once imported into Z2.

Not really no, "easy" is all in the eye of the beholder, each one of us use varying applications, some are expensive, some are cheap, in the end their level of difficult depends merely on familiarity with the application. There really is not an exact science to making models... Pretty much everyone has their own techniques they've learned to do which work for them, might not necessarilly work for the next one in line. I suggest you take the time to attempt to become familiar with the application(s) before you pass judgement on them being "too difficult" to use.. Most of it is just terminology for the actual functions which most of our apps share in common... I can use my apps, but some of the ones other people use are beyond my scope merely because I don't know what the functions are in that particular app. Take the time to get familiar, see if you can use it, then decide... Don't just open and go this is like an alien language and close it, you'll never really even get the chance to learn.. Besides that, you STILL would require Z2 skills even if you were to use Sketchup though that particular app is not recommended b/c of what happens to the models.