Guest blimp666

LA Mod 2.0 Reskins

LA Mod 2.0 Security Scripts  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think LA Mod 2.0 has Security Scripts?

Guest blimp666

I can't reskin vehicles.I followed the tutorial but it wouldn't work.I unpacked the files but the .dds converter wouldn't work.It worked with the actual game,all other mods, but not the LA Mod 2.0 :angry: .I heard it works for versions 1.8 and lower.I have 2.0.Please respond or give me a download link for 1.8.Please participate in the pole.Vote yes if hoppah has security scripts in 2.0(this might be my problem, but I couldn't find any) and no if if he doesn't(there is other answers).No mean comments.

Guest blimp666

what are you trying to do? unlocking dds files and converting them with the dds converter works for me and i am running 2.0. what steps are you taking?

I followed the tutorial here:http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/6979-reskinning-vehicles/,but it wouldn't work.Please send me a tutorial(a vid would be helpful).My main objective right now is to reskin brush truck 8's body a light green.Can you send me a skin file?

I followed the tutorial here:http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/topic/6979-reskinning-vehicles/,but it wouldn't work.Please send me a tutorial(a vid would be helpful).My main objective right now is to reskin brush truck 8's body a light green.Can you send me a skin file?

Pretty basic steps.

1. Find DDS File in the LA Mod 2.0 Models folder. (Brush truck - Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Models\Vehicles\02 LA Fire Department\brush_truck.dds)

2. Rename brush_truck.dds to brush_truck1.v3o (Changing the extension allows you to unpack the file in the editor)

3. Open the emergency 4 editor and load the LA Mod 2.0 mod. Select unpack file and navigate to the folder with your renamed file in the window that popped up and find the renamed DDS file and press OK. This will unpack the file for editing. (Renamed DDS - brush_truck1.v3o)

4. Exit editor and then navigate back to the LA Mod 2.0 file on your computer and rename brush_truck1.v3o back to brush_truck.dds. (This allows vehicle model to be recognized as a texture) (DON"T close this folder, just keep it open, you will need it after you use the dds converter)

5. Download and open the DDS converter and navigate to the folder with the brush_truck.dds file in it and convert from dds to whatever format (ex: psd - photoshop) and it will convert the file within that folder.

6. Open the converted file in your editing program and alter as necessary.

When finished editing. Save it as original name and back up your old brush_truck.dds. Open DDS converter to convert edited file from psd to dds and overwrite the old file. Open the game and see if it worked.

Make since or did I confuse you?

Guest blimp666

Pretty basic steps.

1. Find DDS File in the LA Mod 2.0 Models folder. (Brush truck - Mods\Los Angeles Mod v2.0\Models\Vehicles\02 LA Fire Department\brush_truck.dds)

2. Rename brush_truck.dds to brush_truck1.v3o (Changing the extension allows you to unpack the file in the editor)

3. Open the emergency 4 editor and load the LA Mod 2.0 mod. Select unpack file and navigate to the folder with your renamed file in the window that popped up and find the renamed DDS file and press OK. This will unpack the file for editing. (Renamed DDS - brush_truck1.v3o)

4. Exit editor and then navigate back to the LA Mod 2.0 file on your computer and rename brush_truck1.v3o back to brush_truck.dds. (This allows vehicle model to be recognized as a texture) (DON"T close this folder, just keep it open, you will need it after you use the dds converter)

5. Download and open the DDS converter and navigate to the folder with the brush_truck.dds file in it and convert from dds to whatever format (ex: psd - photoshop) and it will convert the file within that folder.

6. Open the converted file in your editing program and alter as necessary.

When finished editing. Save it as original name and back up your old brush_truck.dds. Open DDS converter to convert edited file from psd to dds and overwrite the old file. Open the game and see if it worked.

Make since or did I confuse you?

After I rename the file,it won't show up in the editor.

Guest blimp666

you have to use the dds converter to convert it back to a dds. make sure the names match what you are replacing it with. it will be there when you open the editor.

No, when I tried to unpack the file in the editor, brush_truck1.V3O(thats what I named the skin file) wasn't there.

No, when I tried to unpack the file in the editor, brush_truck1.V3O(thats what I named the skin file) wasn't there.

I don't know how it is not there.

Let's review, you changed the brush_truck.dds to brush_truck1.v3o. You then opened the editor and went to Modifications > Los Angeles Mod 2.0 (Wait for it to load). Then you click on modifications again and went to unpack file and a window should pop up. Double click on models > vehicles > 02 LA Fire Department . Scroll down to where you see the brush truck section and it should be there somewhere. If not, skim the whole fire department folder and see if its there at the bottom or something because that is the only folder it would be in.

If it is not there again after the review then you must not of renamed the right file or not loading it right in the editor. Only thing I can think of right now unless someone else had this issue and there is a topic on it.