bmxchamp4

Modding For Newbies

Hey guys what's up. Ok so I have some experience with programming and what not, but that's for websites and little desktop applications. If anyone out there has time to start from the VERY beginning and walk me through the basics of modding to start with. Like creating vehicles for instance. What programs would I need, what programs do YOU use, how to do it, little examples that I can play around with and get the hang of. Stuff like that. If anyone would help i would very much appreciate it. Because I would really like to learn how to mod this game, and eventually POSSIBLY get a small team together to take requests for mods. Again ANY and ALL help is very much appreciated :schreiben:

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/tutorials/

Everything you need to know is in there or on the forums. Well most of it. The rest of it, no one can really teach you per say(on the scripting) you just have to get in there and look at the code. You mention having knowledge of programing languages, but not which specific languages. You mentioned websites, so if your talking basic html, its not going to help you here. PHP on the other hand will. C++ and PHP seem quite similar. I have years of working with PHP before coming over to EM4 and working with C++ so this helped but there was still alot I had to learn on my own. And explaining every little thing in detail would be impossible. I believe the best way to learn is dive in and start making little changes to the LA Mod. This gives you something to start with thats is a great mod but the scripts arent overly complicated compared to some mods.

http://forum.emergency-planet.com/index.php?/tutorials/

Everything you need to know is in there or on the forums. Well most of it. The rest of it, no one can really teach you per say(on the scripting) you just have to get in there and look at the code. You mention having knowledge of programing languages, but not which specific languages. You mentioned websites, so if your talking basic html, its not going to help you here. PHP on the other hand will. C++ and PHP seem quite similar. I have years of working with PHP before coming over to EM4 and working with C++ so this helped but there was still alot I had to learn on my own. And explaining every little thing in detail would be impossible. I believe the best way to learn is dive in and start making little changes to the LA Mod. This gives you something to start with thats is a great mod but the scripts arent overly complicated compared to some mods.

Ok thank you very much. Well I know it probably all won't help but I have experience with HTML, CSS, Javascript, jQuery, ASP.NET, C#, a little bit of XAML. But if I need to learn C++ then that will be NO problem. Thanks for the help