Xplorer4x4

Medical Examiner?

Medical Examiner  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Add a medical examiner to the game?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care

Ok so i proposed this idea in the NY Mod thread the other day and wanted some feedback to see if people like the idea or not. My idea was that before the coroners can transport a body, a medical examiner must check the body first. This would create more work so do you think it is a good idea or not?

And in terms of realisim, after new info came out, it realized the concept was about 50/50 in terms of realism vs fake, which I can detail tomorrow if people want to know.

don't we have that al already, try take some dead body away without even sending ems at him, the way you notice if he is dead or not is by looking the body is moving.

I hate to beat a dead horse, and I'm sure 4x4 will beat me later for saying this but ....

Have you guys not played the winterberg mod? When someone dies you have to send a medical examiner to the site. Yeah, an emt or paramedic can pronounce you dead by the examiner has to make sure this wasn't murder, etc. Once he clears the area THEN the coroners can come in and take the body. It's reversed from real life if I'm not mistaken. The coroners takes your body to be examined, but I like the idea of realism. I could be wrong on all of this, but I'm about 90% sure I'm not.

I like the sound of it. In my opinion, not everything has to 100% real. I think that is a nice idea though, gives more to do with dead bodies then just wait for the coroner to come.

I agree not everything has to be 100% realistic but I try to stay pretty close to real life.

I hate to beat a dead horse, and I'm sure 4x4 will beat me later for saying this but ....

Nope, Im not a complete asshole :P

Have you guys not played the winterberg mod? When someone dies you have to send a medical examiner to the site. Yeah, an emt or paramedic can pronounce you dead by the examiner has to make sure this wasn't murder, etc. Once he clears the area THEN the coroners can come in and take the body. It's reversed from real life if I'm not mistaken. The coroners takes your body to be examined, but I like the idea of realism. I could be wrong on all of this, but I'm about 90% sure I'm not.

Well in Winterberg, its just a detective that checks the body. Now here is how it works in LA. In LA, if fire is called for a medic run, fire will request police if theres a death. I am going to assume that it would be a detective that makes the call weather the coroner/medical examiner are needed or not.If the death was a result of natural causes, the coroner is called unless the person happened to see there doctor with in the past 72 hours. In that case the detective makes the report, and the funeral home will pick up the body in the hearse.