dyson20

little bit of help needed

hey im trying to make myself a mod personal use onlywoundering how i would go about it basicaly i whant to use the la mod map ans scripts and the essex mods units how would i do this would it be easier to replace la mod vehicles with essex or replace essex mod scripts and map with la mod ones. also i dont know how to do it realy ive tried fideling around by just copying the files over but they dont seem to show up in the game or in the editor. also will i need any permission of the mod makes to change the stuff around it will be for personal use only. hope you can help. thanks.

*EDIT* forgot to say it would also be great if somone had a link to a good tutorial on how to do this kinda stuff *EDIT*

You don't need permission if it is for personal use only.

I'm not sure exactly what to do, but the easiest thing to do would probably be to copy the essex mod vehicles over the LA Mod ones, but you would need to change any files that refer to the LA Mod vehicles.

If you did it the other way round, I think you would need to edit the scripts to correspond with the essex mod vehicles.

I'm not sure which files would need changing exactly whichever way you were to do it.

ok cheers so is it both the model and prototype files then?? or is there anything else i need to copy over