timmiej93

Skinning

Alright, entering a complete unknown area for me: Modelling.

I am planning on changing FS2 to a FS1 building, but i would like to change the map to the FS so that trucks dont start of in grass or something.

if you know what i mean, please help me.

i also might need a modelling program.

Tim

Btw meant modelling instead of skinning.

It's not possible with the current LA Mod Map. The texture is about 300MB or so, and Hoppah will not release it. Once the floor texture is in game, it can not be edited. However, if you check out the w00ds map submod, w00ds has been kind enough to release his map texture to us so we can edit it as we like. The old deluxe freeplay texture is up for grabs in the downloads section somewhere. However,it wont be 100% accurate as Hoppah modified the texture slightly. For example the concrete lot the Hospital sits on, was actually a large lake, and the area for the Fire stations had some grassy area so Hoppah obviously patched that up.

Anyways, this is not modeling. It is modding, but not modeling. Modeling is working with 3D objects like the games vehicles,objects and houses.

No problem, I suggest grabbing w00ds maps for starters though as the textures are already perfectly done for the police stations, fire stations and hospital and you can work from there, although FS2 doesnt give you much room to work with. The first map lacks traffic, but the second map has to much traffic and traffic gets ugly quick.