Guest tjhugentobler

Please Help! LA Mod Problems

Guest tjhugentobler

Hi,

I reinstalled the LA Mod latest edition (version 2.0.2) because I had some problems with freeplay, and now it works fine, except for one thing. I reinstalled some things I had before, and some new things, for example the Additional Units Submod, the Ford CEV Lightbar Submod, the Unmarked Units Submod, etc.. The problem I have is, in freeplay mode, I cannot use all of the vehicles I downloaded... I can use some vehicles such as the unmarked ones, but I cannot use other vehicles, for example the Border Patrol vehicles, the 3 or 4 police helicopters, the K-9 police car, the 2nd tow truck, and many other vehicles that I was planning to use in freeplay. The vehicles just don't show up in the menu to buy cars. They do however show up in the files of the game (program files). Please help!

Also, how would I edit files so that the ALS ambulances are only staffed with an advanced stretcher team? I would like them to start out like that and also be staffed like this when I call them from the station as well.

Thanks,

Taylor

Sadly all the submods will not work with each other with out doing some work. Sadly its hard to do with the modding systems EM4 uses. Its possible to get them all working by editing certain files add combining the contents of each file the submods edit. For example AUS and LED both edit freeplaybase.xml if you install the LED Submod you wont see the units from AUS unless you combine the contents of the two freeplaybase.xml files, among other files.

Guest tjhugentobler

Sadly all the submods will not work with each other with out doing some work. Sadly its hard to do with the modding systems EM4 uses. Its possible to get them all working by editing certain files add combining the contents of each file the submods edit. For example AUS and LED both edit freeplaybase.xml if you install the LED Submod you wont see the units from AUS unless you combine the contents of the two freeplaybase.xml files, among other files.

How would I combine these files and what files would I need to combine?

Well I cant go in to to much detail atm, but at a guess, in your case, all you need to do is combine the files in specs and lang folder, and the script folder.

http://www.prestosoft.com/edp_examdiff.asp

I prefer Araxis Merge but thats a free text editor that will allow you to compare the files and show you the differences.