Guest kicker12334

Problem on saving my edited .XML file

Guest kicker12334

hey guys

i found a tutorial here to change your units abilities such as speed and loadspace. in a LA Mod 2.0 i tried to change the speed of the

EMVechicles to be more realistic but when i save the file says incorrect path i really dont get why il show you guys how to do it

so yopu can test it

But before you do it remember to back the files up just in case something goes wrong.

To find the files go to your program files and find emergency 4.

For me it's:

C:\Program Files\sixteen tons entertainment\Emergency 4

If you have 911 - First Responders it would be:

C:\Program Files\WizardWorks\911 - First Responders

This will work for the original game and for any mods so either go to data (for the original game) or press mods then select the mod you want to edit.

Next find your units folder. If I wanted to edit the original police van I would go:

Units, Vehicles, Police, 020MTW.

for ppl with LA Mod 2.0 and is using 911 first responder open the folder called mod then open folder called Los Angeles 2.0 then open folder called units and then you will see this files,ambulance,firedeapartment,police,tec

once you open the police folder pick a folder with your name of your patrol car then open it and you will see the unit.xml file open it with notepad for better toturial go here

pls try and tell me how to save it cause when i try to save it says wrong path Thank you.

Sorry For Long Post.

Right click on the XML file, click Properties, Edit the Security, and check all the boxes for Users/Administrators. Then it should work. Mine saved, but it wouldn't work in game. Same with my editor stuff. I put equipment into vehicles, clicked OK on the boxes, quit the editor, and it didn't work. :nixweiss: