hunter42

Sims 3 Ambitions

SimsAmbitions-News-Article-UK_656x369.jpg

"The Sims community has long wanted to control their Sims actions at work and now with the seamless open neighborhood, those actions have a direct impact on the town and other Sims," said Scott Evans, General Manager of The Sims at EA. "Offering a variety of new and exciting careers, players can choose to complete their work tasks in a heroic manner or take the deviant route."

New Jobs:

•firefighter

•doctor

•private investigator

•architect

•educator

•ghosthunter

•stylist

New town: Twinbrook, which has been described as "a more leisurely Southern backwater look and feel to previous locations."

There is a new soundtrack too, all done in the Sim language. According to the Sims 3 blog, the lineup is:

• Lady Antebellum—“Need You Now”

• Rise Against—“Savior”

• Charice—“Pyramid”

• Melanie Fiona—“Bang Bang”

• Toni Braxton—“Make My Heart”

• Neon Trees—“Animal”

• V V Brown—“Shark In The Water”

• Daisy Dares You—“Number One Enemy”

• OK Go—“This Too Shall Pass”

• Old 97’s—“Early Morning”

• Murder By Death—“As Long As There is Whiskey In The World”

• The Acorn—“Restoration”

• Mike Posner—“Cooler Than Me”

• Violent Soho—“Jesus Stole My Girlfriend”

• Kerli—“Tea Party”

• Eli “Paperboy” Reed—“Come And Get it”

• Hal Linton—“Lock My Heart Down”

• Radney Foster And The Confessions—“Until It’s Gone”

• The Constellations—“Setback”

(The song in the trailer is Rise Against—“Savior”)

Incase I didn't say it and you didn't pick up on it, now you follow your Sims to their work and can be involved in what they do. Whether this will happen to all jobs or just the new ones I'm not sure, but it certainly appear to be a good step forwards. There will also be new skills, such as sculpting, tattooing and inventing. Because there are new jobs and you get to go with the Sims to their workplace, there will be new interactions. So if you're a private detective, you can dust for fingerprints or look for footprints.

LINKS

Sims 3 website

Guardian review

Information from Marketwatch

GAME digitial download

Amazon.co.uk

Amazon.com

Amazon.de

I never liked the fact that EA would release a Sims game then release loads of expansions. It's a shame that this is going to happen to the Sims 3 too. But to be honest, this expansion actually looks quite good. All the careers are suppose to have "missions" i.e The private investigator has a dozen cases with different interactions within that case to solve the crime. Apparently, The firefighter "missions" include things like house fires and disasters, but also bizarre incidents - including Gnomes...

So, anyone thinking of buying it? I might. I'm sure I read somewhere that EA are trying to improve the quality of their games, and this is an expansion pack that is interesting.

im never liked the idea of buying around 10 expansions for 30 euro each and the game for 60 each so you have a total price from 360,- euro for a game.

ambitions is the best expansion i saw in all sims games, except from ''home animals'' (literal translation from NL: Huis dieren)

I got it, (It came out in the US today) it's awesome. I made a family with 3 sims, a firefighter, ghost hunter, and architect. It's very fun

awesome - what would you say are the pros and cons of it? Was it what you expected?

It won't be out until the... 4th here, but I have big hopes for it. Are my hopes justified or am I going to be dissapointed?

General Pros:

-New Careers

-Being able to follow your sims to work and control them at work (You tell the firemen to put out the fire, break down doors, and rescue people. If you are an architect redesigning a room, you get a list of tasks for the room and you go into buy mode to redecorate it)

-new objects with new features (washing machines, trampoline)

-New Town

-New Buildings (Fire station, salon)

Cons:

-Slows down my computer (This problem depends on what computer you have, mine isn't all that good for gaming so I occasionally have troubles)

-If you have two sims at an interactive career at the same time, it can get hard controlling and watching over both of them

It was actually more than I expected. I really didn't know how this "Follow your sim to work" concept would work, but it's a lot of fun.

It is a great expansion, I'm going to test out some more careers tomorrow.

I don't think you will be disappointed :) .

I'm trying to marry Anne Song from the FD. By the way, in the Private Investigator carreer, do you get an unmarked police car? :schreiben:

It's not specifically called an unmarked police car, but you do get a black sedan as a reward around level 8.

Also I forgot to add my favorite new feature in Ambitions. Click on a computer and there is an option I've never noticed before: "Troll on Forum" :D

Got the expansion today. By far the best Sims expansion.

Feel like an idiot though. Got to about level 7 inventing and then noticed there was an option on items that never had options before.

I though I would try 'donating' $20 to my kitchen counters... It actually read 'detonate' :rolleyes: half my appartment gone lol :P

(dissapointed I couldn't burn down the library with bombs)

Also I forgot to add my favorite new feature in Ambitions. Click on a computer and there is an option I've never noticed before: "Troll on Forum" :D

That's in the base game too, just need to be evil. :happy: