Vfox

a REAL complaint thread

I know i sometimes over express myself some times but i been thinking...

I am here to help make this place a better place not to seem like a time waster, staff...

on a first note i would like to say the site colour scheme being dark blue is depressing and not really welcoming

The complaint thread is what it is... full of complaints that are totally not related to the site or Emergency games, it might as well be renamed spam tropic...

one thing that has gotten really deep under my skin is providing support and advice as well as ideas in the modification area...

i may be a girl but i'm not scare to have a go at the staff! you can call the modder's and fans spammers but its disrespectful to your own users and i did count the forums plus the sub forums

Modifications forums and sub forums is the largest majority of the site with 20 forums and sub forums together!

help (including mod help) mades up 16 topis and sub topics

there's 7 other random topis and ONLY 2 announcement and bulletin sections!

now with modifications a majority of the site and users a load of spam is just stupid...

now with that off my chest... i continue...

There is no feedback area in the site

having the rule of don't ask the release day of mods is just ironically useless!

i say that its ironic cause the rule is there to stop people asking over and over again but ironically if you posted roughly the date or month or even year of release, people would not ask then would they...!

of course the date can be changed by staff if requested to a later day if needed but it would be nice to have a rough target then no idea when the mod will come out if it is finished ever that is!

i don't mean to bite your heads off admins but this is outrageous that you are at your own fault for losing members and i'm not just talking about the girls before you say anything...

I ask you, if you say my advice to this community and your staff is spam then I say your stupid and you can ban me for trying to help!!

The complaint thread is what it is... full of complaints that are totally not related to the site or Emergency games, it might as well be renamed spam tropic...

That's why this is the [EN]Off Topic section of the board.

If you don't like the blue, then go to the bottom left and select "IP.Board". Still got blue, but a bit lighter and more white. Or select "Lo-Fi", But Xplorer4x4 has pointed out that PMs can't be read in Lo-fi.

When you log on to this page, it will tell you when a new topic is made in the "important" area of the site: "View the latest news This is your chance!"

All the way at the top of the forum page:-)

you are at your own fault for losing members and i'm not just talking about the girls before you say anything...

Since I am short on time I will only react to this accusation and to the rest later...

We made a platform where users with the same interest can meet and help each other.

If members fail to follow simple rules which causes fights and the members are finally too lame to help others when they learn something we can't be blamed.

You can't expect A Webmaster or moderators to do everything for members, why should we provide everything? It has been ages that I have been requesting ideas and help from the community. Did anyone finally keep word? Nope

- Users wanted a Teamspeak -> I gave it, it failed and got closed

- Users wanted a Chat -> I gave it, it failed and got closed

- Users wanted a Teamspeak -> Made it again and it's still there. Is anyone getting there? No!

- Users wanted the ability to upload mods -> I gave the ability to upload mods up to 200Mb

- Users wanted the ability to download at high speeds -> I bought a server with a 100Mb connection

- We added a Tutorial section where users can submit their tutorials

- We merged the download database with he forum to give users their own administration of their own files

- We gave modding teams the possibility to have their own subforum with their own administration of that part. Did this help? No

- We gave modders a bit of protection with the "no release date tolerance rule" and what did we get? Flaming!

- I asked members and visitors to help with the walktroughs, did anyone finally help me? Mo

- I asked members to give their ideas to improve the site, and what did I get? Remove the ads ideas?

I am not ignorant, I am telling you facts. I saw a huge amount of users come and go and the only few that where doing something for the community left due the ignorance of the others users. I am sorry to tell you this, but this is the fully sad truth

EDIT:

I forgot the most important thing

- We had games on the site before, with high score lists, etc -> The users asked removal on a vote, not our decision

I am here to help make this place a better place not to seem like a time waster, staff...

on a first note i would like to say the site colour scheme being dark blue is depressing and not really welcoming

So what, should it be fuchsia?

That's the point... it's not a specifically targeted complaint area; you just state any complaints you have.

i may be a girl but i'm not scare to have a go at the staff! you can call the modder's and fans spammers but its disrespectful to your own users and i did count the forums plus the sub forums

So what if you're a girl? Big deal. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. You don't constantly need to complain about it.

having the rule of don't ask the release day of mods is just ironically useless!

i say that its ironic cause the rule is there to stop people asking over and over again but ironically if you posted roughly the date or month or even year of release, people would not ask then would they...!

of course the date can be changed by staff if requested to a later day if needed but it would be nice to have a rough target then no idea when the mod will come out if it is finished ever that is!

*Sigh* Guess what - humanity is stupid. Get used to it. If there was a release date, 95% of the people wouldn't see it, since they're too ignorant/lazy to check the first page, hence continued questions over it. If the release date is changed or it passes unfruitfully, then people will get pissy and starting bitching. It will happen no matter what.

Just my two cents...

EDIT BY STAN: A little more friendliness would not be misplaced!

i don't mean to bite your heads off admins but this is outrageous that you are at your own fault for losing members and i'm not just talking about the girls before you say anything...

I ask you, if you say my advice to this community and your staff is spam then I say your stupid and you can ban me for trying to help!!

I agree with you a little, because saying an exact day is difficult but saying a month isn't so bad, maybe you can wander 2-3 Month, a year is easy to say , maybe it can delay only 1 year a mod but actually saying a year is easy

Anyway the rule of the forum says that is forbbiden asking for release dates so as I am a member of the forum, I can not complain

I agree with you a little, because saying an exact day is difficult but saying a month isn't so bad, maybe you can wander 2-3 Month, a year is easy to say , maybe it can delay only 1 year a mod but actually saying a year is easy

Anyway the rule of the forum says that is forbbiden asking for release dates so as I am a member of the forum, I can not complain

I really disagree....

a mod can delay an infinite number of days, depending on the private situations of the modders.

For instance, the release of essex rebuild should have been over 2 months ago.

But because of personal problems, and my car crash it is getting delayed more and more.

If we gave members a date to hope for, and you fail to deliver, not only is that bad for the people who will follow your mod.

You can also receive flame posts, for missing your day.

other then that, i personally find nothing so irritating, when you visit a topic of a mod you are working on and read, "when will this mod come out" or something like that.

most people have no idea, how long it takes to build a good mod, so a lot of impatience is around.

telling people not to ask for dates, is far more better, due to all given reasons stated above, and most likely a few others.

I really disagree....

a mod can delay an infinite number of days, depending on the private situations of the modders.

For instance, the release of essex rebuild should have been over 2 months ago.

But because of personal problems, and my car crash it is getting delayed more and more.

If we gave members a date to hope for, and you fail to deliver, not only is that bad for the people who will follow your mod.

You can also receive flame posts, for missing your day.

other then that, i personally find nothing so irritating, when you visit a topic of a mod you are working on and read, "when will this mod come out" or something like that.

most people have no idea, how long it takes to build a good mod, so a lot of impatience is around.

telling people not to ask for dates, is far more better, due to all given reasons stated above, and most likely a few others.

mmm

that makes me think

maybe you are right

i think that can only say the year ( with an estimate that may vary one or two years )

Sorry

To Stan: nobody ever asked you to do everything for us but your the webmaster and funny enough you don't have to do anything but it is almost not needed to mention that now and then some guidance is needed to maintain the site...

you can just ignore me now if you want but you can either blame the users or you can work with them, you can also think of this site as a waste of time and pointless or you can think of this as a worth while achievement that you should be proud of... creating a community which will obviously need you now and then.

To Ami89E1234: i don't care what you think of me but i was stating which i am showing clearly that i can be just as strong as well as caring as anyone of you boys or heck maybe even more but i am not scared to face you or Stan or anyone else

Guest Francis

Look, whatever you're going to say, the rule will never be removed. Simple as that. And now I'm locking the topic to prevent such a big fight between everybody.