Guest BLFDfirefighter158

Freeplay Maps

Guest BLFDfirefighter158

Im new to this site, and im still trying to figure my way around, and i was just wondering if there were any other maps besides w00ds map available for download? I saw a picture of one and it was awesome, i just dont know if its available for download..

Guest dionissimus

There is the default game. Then there are mods, which are, so to say, patches for the game, they offer different units, and, in some cases, different maps. You use those by downloading the mod, installing it, running the game and choosing the mod from the mod menu. The game reloads some components (this may take some time, up to a minute, during this process your PC will freeze, don't fret, just sit it out) and becomes the (slightly or seriously) different game, which the mod creator intended. The LA mod (which is the major topic in these forums, see section names) does offer its own freeplay game map, which is different from the default one. It also offers ten missions in addition to the twenty existing ones.

That said, there are other mods that alter not only the game process (by offering different units, strategies, even tactics), but also offer new maps. Search around and be rewarded. A word of warning though: most (and in the best range, no offence H, please) are in German (since the game is made by Germans initially), so... either learn German, use the google translator (if you are an english speaker, the google-translation will suit you just fine). As far as I know, there are about five major mods for E4, but only one of them is in English, LA mod by Hoppah that is.

Best of luck, feel free to PM me if you need detailed info : )

Den