Guest emergency captain

Red Dead Redemption

Guest emergency captain

Soon released will be Red Dead Redemption for PS3, XBOX360, and something else. It's about one man who is a gun-slinger. You caqn be a lawman or an outlaw.It looks really fun and is coming out on May 18th. Anyone interested? There are two videos on youtube...Weapons and Death, and theres The Game.

I will pick this up when it comes out. I never pre-order though, if you just go to like Target or Walmart you can get a copy without the hassle of huge lines that come from people flocking to places like GameStop.

About the game, Im very hyped for it, last time I was this excited was for GTA IV and that was the last time I played a game that lived up to my hype, I still play GTA IV all the time, now I just play it on the PC because of the PC mods (oh and I bought the PC version after the 360 version, I have both) but trust me I would play it on the 360 if my PC couldn't play it. I'm sure this will be just as good, it sure looks amazing. Oh and trust me there are many more official videos floating around. I'd say around 30 minutes of gameplay in all the released videos. Just look around, I'm too lazy to hotlink.

I will pick this up when it comes out. I never pre-order though, if you just go to like Target or Walmart you can get a copy without the hassle of huge lines that come from people flocking to places like GameStop.

Yeah, that's why I never pre order with game stores. I always get it on Amazon, so I'll get it the day of or within a few days of release.

Guest Francis

The team of Grand Theft Auto made it.

We already know, this is a complete copy of GTA4 with different models and horses. And it combines the features from Call of Juarez. This isn't a piece of art in the end, it's just a modified game that already exists.

We already know, this is a complete copy of GTA4 with different models and horses. And it combines the features from Call of Juarez. This isn't a piece of art in the end, it's just a modified game that already exists.

Thats not correct, in fact the team that is making the game is Rockstar San Diego, they made Midnight Club. Rockstar North is advising the development, but it is not the same team. Plus, arguably Call of Juarez copied Red Dead Revolver with the whole Dead Eye system, not to mention Redemption has been in development for almost 5 years now so it is safe to say they didn't completely copy Call of Juarez or even GTA IV though I have to say it does mimic GTA IV a lot. Which, personally isn't a bad thing for me, its also huge compared to GTA IV which was already fairly large.

After hearing all this talk of how similar it would be to GTA4 (the gameplay), it kinda makes me wonder a few things.

Remember how early, before the release of GTA4, there was all this talk that every character in the game is unique, you will not see the same two characters wearing the exact same clothes? Well I wonder if it is the same with Red Dead Redemption. They are saying that everybody in town has their own unique personality and job, and that you can shoot everybody and it becomes "a ghost town"? I wonder if the "Ghost town" is only temporary and the same characters will spawn again later when you return to that town after a while.

After hearing all this talk of how similar it would be to GTA4 (the gameplay), it kinda makes me wonder a few things.

Remember how early, before the release of GTA4, there was all this talk that every character in the game is unique, you will not see the same two characters wearing the exact same clothes? Well I wonder if it is the same with Red Dead Redemption. They are saying that everybody in town has their own unique personality and job, and that you can shoot everybody and it becomes "a ghost town"? I wonder if the "Ghost town" is only temporary and the same characters will spawn again later when you return to that town after a while.

Well the world is much larger and they are probably a lot more towns but they are probably much smaller in population when compared to GTA IV so its likely you will see a lot of different models and characters. I wouldn't be surprised if they pulled it off with this game because there is so much less people then in comparison with GTA IV. But if not I don't see it as a major issue, especially the ghost town thing, I don't want towns to be barren at least I don't want more than a few to be empty. But there is also a living ecosystem of animals too and the random events that happen in the desert/countryside so I'd say that might take a toll on the 360 or PS3 so I'm not sure if we will see quite the diversity they are promising just because of technical limitations. Then again they have likely learned a lot since GTA IV and they probably know much more about their engine now and how to optimize it.

Guest Francis

In GTA IV, the whole thing that you will not see the same ped again is fake. You can see the same ped like 5 times only in one angle of the camera, then you turn around and the same girl is there. Same thing with the police officers, paramedics and firefighters. There is about 5 variants to each of these special skins so guess what happens you are about to get arrested. :)

Guest emergency captain

Yeah, after thinking about it, the same people would have to respawn in red dead redemption, because otherwise, if you kill everybody, the entire map will be empty eventually.

In other words, a ghoat town.

I must say that after picking up this game on Saturday afternoon, I have become addicted to it. I think I'm enjoying it even more than GTA IV. I waited a bit to get it because I felt that Rockstar dropped the ball with a few things they promised in GTA IV (i.e. that every character would be unique), and also that outside of the story missions, there wasn't really that much to do in GTA IV (that also could be just because GTA IV was my first GTA game and I had unreal expectations about what the previous games were like). I feel that Rockstar did a great job with Red Dead Redemption and managed to create everything they said they would. There's only two things I would change to the gameplay

1.Be able to take criminals from random events to jail. I don't like the fact that you just hogtie them and then that's it, I think that you should be able to take them to the closest sheriffs office and throw them in a cell.

2.Add the ability to do train robberies in game not during story missions. Simply, how do you create a western cowboy era game without giving players the option to rob trains when they want?

Also, to everyone who says this is a copy of GTA IV with horses:

1. Do we really expect a company who's made and is making millions with a formula to not try and apply it to other games.

2. It has similarities to GTA IV but there are major differences. Outside of the story missions you chose whether your a criminal or lawman, there are many things to do outside of the story missions, unlike GTA IV, many buildings are enterable, etc.