spunkyskier01

Changing doors

So I just downloaded the LAPD Ford crown vic sub mod, with the intentions of changing the skins on the vehicles to Federal protective services police. No problem there, have done that 1000 times. The problem is when I get to the doors and trunk. I know they are separate files, linked to to the skin of the original LAPD crown vic. I duplicated the door files, in both the model and prototype folders and renamed them from cv_lapd_door01 to cv_lapd2_door01 hoping that would cause the skin on those doors to be edited by changing the main crown vic file. This created a new set of doors that I can put on the editor, but they still have LAPD markings and the only way I can edit them is by modifying the original LAPD crown vic file(which I do not want to do). My question is, how to I make it so when I change the skin on the lapd2 car, I also change the skin on the doors? In other words, linking my new set of doors to the Cv_lapd2 file.

The texture file is written into the model file (V3O) upon export from zmod... The only way without zmod to change the texture file name is to unpack the v3o in the editor, then open the v3o in notepad and manually edit the texture names.

SRF, Body, 0, 0, 0, whatever.dds, 517, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0
SRF, Interior, 0, 0, 0, whatever-interior.dds, 517, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

the above is just an example from a file i have, SRF is the important part to look for, it is at the very top of the model file when opened in notepad, if you see SRF, look for the .dds or .png or whatever may be the case (in the la mod it's usually .dds)

Simply rename that to match your "new" texture filenames and your texture will load on that model now.

Anyone have any advice on trying to make a new set of doors for the lapd2 car? so far I have tried just copying the cv_lapd_door1,2,3 files, rename them to cv_lapd2_door1,2,3, and editing the v3o code so it is connected to the lapd2 as mikeyPI suggested. In the prototype folder I also copied the cv_lapd_door1,2,3 files and renamed them to cv_lapd2_door1,2,3. I then changed each file from em4 file to v30 and changed the codes inside to read lapd2 instead of lapd. this gives me a new set of doors but they are just duplicates of the original LAPD door, not the new ones with the markings off of the LAPD2 file. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.

Guest Xoriss

Anyone have any advice on trying to make a new set of doors for the lapd2 car? so far I have tried just copying the cv_lapd_door1,2,3 files, rename them to cv_lapd2_door1,2,3, and editing the v3o code so it is connected to the lapd2 as mikeyPI suggested. In the prototype folder I also copied the cv_lapd_door1,2,3 files and renamed them to cv_lapd2_door1,2,3. I then changed each file from em4 file to v30 and changed the codes inside to read lapd2 instead of lapd. this gives me a new set of doors but they are just duplicates of the original LAPD door, not the new ones with the markings off of the LAPD2 file. Sorry if this doesn't make any sense.

Actually, I'm having the same problem. It's kind of a big deal for me as I'm adding a whole bunch of new units... Pics to come once I sort this out... :)