Guest Soucy

Soucy's Recommended City Setup

Guest Soucy

Hello everyone, I have been playing the LA Mod for almost a year now and decided to join the forums to get more active in the community. After watching the forums for a bit I have seen people saying the way they server there city, so I should tell people a method that I use that works amazing for me.

Police:

In a city, all calls require a police unit to respond. So with a large area to cover I deploy the following with there settings after the unit in some nice brackets. Each car is carrying 2 officers and most on patrol. Any units marked with traffic are used to help me control traffic around the city.

**ALL CARS ARE MANNED BY LAPD OFFICER's, YOU MAY NEED TO DEPLOY OTHER UNITS TO FILL THEM.**

LA Patrol Car - Car 1(Patrol)

LA Patrol Car - Car 2(Patrol)

LA Patrol Car - Car 3(Patrol)

LA Patrol Car - Car 4(Patrol)

LA Patrol Car - Car 5(Patrol)

LA Patrol Car - Car 6(Patrol)

LA Dodge Charger - Car 7(Patrol)

LA Dodge Charger - Car 8(Patrol)

LA Dodge Charger - Car 9(Patrol)

LA Slicktop - Car 10(Patrol)

LASD Prisoner Transport Van - P1(Stationed out of HQ)

ATF Unmarked - Car 11(Patrol)

ATF Unmarked - Car 12(Station out of HQ)

LA SUV - STEP 1(Traffic)

LA SUV - STEP 2(Traffic)

LA Chevy Impala - STEP 3(Traffic)

LA Chevy Impala - STEP 4(Traffic)

ATF Command Post - Command 1(Stationed out of HQ)

LA SWAT SUV - SO1(Patrol)

LA SWAT SUV - SO2(Patrol

LA SWAT Command Vehicle - SO3(Stationed out of HQ)

LAPD Helicopter - Air 1(Stationed out of HQ)

Fire:

In my city I have a large fire department serving both medical and fires, in the past I

have had small calls become a massive blaze in seconds. In order to stop these I have

organized my Fire Department into compaines. No matter how small the call, the entire

company am sending will respond. It allows you more men on scene to use if ever needed

and you can always send unneeded trucks back to the station.

As the police, I will list the companies, what is in them and where they are stationed.

Engine Company 1 - Engine 1 and 3(Engine 2 type) - Station: Head Quarters

Engine Company 2 - Engine 6(Light Force) and Brush 1 - Station: South Station

Ladder Company 1 - Engine 2 and Ladder 1(Tiller) - Station: Head Quarters

Ladder Company 2 - Engine 5 and Tower 2 - Station: South Station

Rescue Company 1 - Engine 4 and Rescue 1 - Station: Head Quarters

Rescue Company 2 - Truck 2(Heavy Equipment Squad) and Zodiac 1(Swift Water Rescue) - Station: Head Quarters

Hazmat - Hazmat 1 and Truck 1(Foam Tender) - Station: South Station

Command 1 - Car 1 (Battalion Chief) - Station: Head Quarters

As you see, some of it doesnt fit into the stations, park the units outside of the station(Example:Parking Lot)

Medical companies are different, they are dispatched as they are required.

For the medical compaines:

Medical 1 - Ambulance 1, Ambulance 2 and Ambulance 3 - Station: Head Quarters

Medical 2 - Ambulance 4 and Ambulance 5(Large Ambulance) - Station: South Station

Medical 3 - Air Ambulance 1

Command 2 - Car 2(EMS Car)

For many areas, fires are based on an Alarm System. For me I have 5 Alarms, below is how

I deploy units based on alarms.

1st Alarm:Engine or Ladder Company

2nd Alarm:1 Engine and 1 Ladder Companies

3rd Alarm:1 Engine, 1 Ladder and Command Companies

4th Alarm:2 Engine, 2 Ladder and Command Companies

5th Alarm:All Units Deployed

This system works well once you figure out the limits of each company.

Now many of you are wondering how I respond to some calls, here are just a few:

Car Crash - Responding - Ladder Company, 1 Patrol Car and Medical as required.

Gas Explosion - Responding - Ladder Company, 2 Patrol Cars and Medical as required.

Bomb - 4 Patrol Cars, Bomb Squad, SWAT SUV and extra police as required.

All that seems a little excessive to me.

All I have is three police cars patroling (one per patrol path), an empty police helicopter at the police station, a medical helicopter with one FF/PM stretcher team at the hospital, one task force, one USAR, two ALS RAs and one BCT at station one, one BLS RA, an assessment engine, and the squad at station two. I also have a LACo sheriffs car at the hospital for security.

Typically the busiest units will be the light force, the BLS RA, and the assessment engine at station 2. I find I can handle 90% of the calls on the map with only the units on the map already. Very rarely do I have to call units from offmap, and when I do it's usually SWAT or swift water rescue or something specialized like that.

Guest Soucy
All those units patrolling how do you not get a traffic jam every six seconds?

Watch the blue dots, ff any stop check and move them so they can keep going and solve the traffic jam. The jams happen only for the first 5 minutes then the cars all go different directions.

All that seems a little excessive to me.

All I have is three police cars patroling (one per patrol path), an empty police helicopter at the police station, a medical helicopter with one FF/PM stretcher team at the hospital, one task force, one USAR, two ALS RAs and one BCT at station one, one BLS RA, an assessment engine, and the squad at station two. I also have a LACo sheriffs car at the hospital for security.

Typically the busiest units will be the light force, the BLS RA, and the assessment engine at station 2. I find I can handle 90% of the calls on the map with only the units on the map already. Very rarely do I have to call units from offmap, and when I do it's usually SWAT or swift water rescue or something specialized like that.

I have tried that but didnt always like it, cause sometimes a small response force is overwhelmed and the call worsens, by sending a oversized force it keeps most calls under control. I have to admit the out by entire city, my busiest company is Ladder Company 2.