Madman

Stand-by command

I think it would add a large amount of realism if when you send a vehicle back to the fire station, it automatically turns the stand-by command on. That way, if you have another call it will be able to respond right away.

I've been looking in the scripts, but can't seem to find out where I would add/edit this.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Thanks

Guest Francis

The stand-by dummy is assigned when the stand-by command is pressed. However, moving with the dummy deactivates it. So this would require large amounts of edits for one simple feature.

I've edited the LAtofirestation script so it allows the Stand-by command to be on while driving back to the station. The only problem with that, it I need to remember to press it.

Much like the LAtofirestation script deactivates the lights and sirens, it simply needs to activate the stand-by.

Guest Francis

In LAToFireStation.script, find and remove this:

if (v.HasCommand(CMD_STANDBY_OFF))
{
v.RemoveCommand(CMD_STANDBY_OFF);
v.AssignCommand(CMD_STANDBY_ON);
}

You might want to comment those lines instead in case you may need to revert the changes.

Guest Francis

BTW what francis means by comment, if you diidnt know is put a // at the start of the line. If you need to do many lines put /* on the starting line, at the beging of the line. Then after the last piece of code you dont want activated, put */

Thanks for clarifying that one, Xplorer. :)