Kookas

WMMod: A couple of questions regarding wheels and commands

Hey, got a few questions about modding that I'd be really grateful to have answered:

Regarding wheels:

I'm working on West Mids Mod and I've made the Vectra, all well, but how can I tell which wheels will steer in-game?

If the wheels clip through the floor when the car is spawned without being moved in the Editor, is this something to be concerned about?

Regarding commands:

I would like, for my Vectra, separate commands to:

- Activate the police lights ("Blue Lights").

- Activate the sirens.

- Activate the special lights.

- Activate the hazards.

How would I go about getting the above commands? I have only found one command which might do one of the things I want, and that is "LightsOn". Are these downloadable scripts, or..?

Hey, got a few questions about modding that I'd be really grateful to have answered:

Regarding wheels:

I'm working on West Mids Mod and I've made the Vectra, all well, but how can I tell which wheels will steer in-game?

If the wheels clip through the floor when the car is spawned without being moved in the Editor, is this something to be concerned about?

Regarding commands:

I would like, for my Vectra, separate commands to:

- Activate the police lights ("Blue Lights").

- Activate the sirens.

- Activate the special lights.

- Activate the hazards.

How would I go about getting the above commands? I have only found one command which might do one of the things I want, and that is "LightsOn". Are these downloadable scripts, or..?

The 2wheels you place in the front of the car in the editor will be the steering once.

(in the front means before the pivot)

wheels behind the pivot will not steer.

EDIT: not sure if this is really pivot based, it's just that most cars only have one type of wheel.

And you add that single wheel 4times to a car(in the editor) the wheels you place in the front will turn.

And the back wheels don't

About the scripts.

Some you will have to write yourself.

But as it is, the LA mod has a few of the scripts you want.

You need to contact hoppah, and ask for permission to use them.

If you got that. then you can alter them for your use(or place them as they are on the car)

Not so sure what you want with this command; "Activate the hazards".

But if you have seen them on another mod, same story goes, ask permission of the scripter.

Edited by Tian318

Thanks for your help once again. I'd like to have a go at the scripting, what's the language based on? Where do I start? It seems like it should be fairly easy (although I bet when it comes down to it it probably takes 20 lines of code to make a command toggle a light :P ).

Also, with the hazards, I mean activating both sets of blinker lights at once, "Blinker Left" and "Blinker Right".

Ahh that Activate the hazards script is not around in the way you want it(as far as i know).

But you could try(if you have permission) adapt the hazard script from the lamod.

Scripting is done in C(C++ if i recall correct).

You can view some already made script by going in to this folder:

Emergency 4\Data\Scripts\Game\Command

there you can open the script files with notepad.

see how they call on the models + actions.

And what and how they need to do.

That doesn't require compiling, does it? It looks pretty simple - is there somewhere where there's a list of all the functions, hooks, etc, or will it just involve alot of guesswork?