Guest P.C.

Windows 7 problems =_=

Good afternoon ! :3

I installed Windows 7 (64 bit) on top of the old Vista some time ago, and now I installed Emergency 4 / 911 First Responder.

But like many others, which I've seen here on this forum have had problems with it. It simply starts with a black screen, and it then returns to desktop. I just updated to the most recent update of my graphic-card which is from the ATI Radeon HD 3400-Series. And I've tried all settings without any change =_=

I haven't experienced any problems before when I used Vista.

Thanks in advanced

-Tom ;)

DxDiag.txt

:welcome: to the forums.

Can you upload a logfile please. You could try downgrading the video card drivers to some from 2008 s some of the newer drivers can cause problems. I don't think Windows 7 causes a problem as people on this forum have used Windows 7 without any problems.

It says this

?ERROR: The Vision engine requires support for the ARB_multitexture extension!
Please make sure you have the latest video drivers installed for your 3D card.

Since your video drivers are the latest ones maybe you should try downgrading the drivers and seeing if it affects the newer games you have.

Driver Date/Size: 7/14/2009 02:40:02, 2342400 bytes

For sure, time to update the drivers.

If the problem stays,.. try to run as adminstrator, or try to run it in XP SP2/Vista compatibility mode(right click >> properties >> compatibility >> XP SP2 or Vista)What ever would work for ya.

For some weird reason I can't seem to find a way to downgrade it. I just tried to remove the driver again, and the whole catalyst program from the laptop. And it's not working, I'll try to see if I can find an old version of the driver.

EDIT: It seems like there's only one version of the ATI Catalyst Mobility graphic driver for my graphic-card. Because I'm running Windows 7 (64bit) =_=

EDIT2: Cheers, it's working now. (With the newest driver, lol)