Yankee43

My jump into modding: Fixing LA Mod 3.0 Bugs

So I am a beginner modder, I am starting by adding vehicles and making things more realistic the LA Mod 3.0. I have added a few vehicles and done some lighting. I now am able to add vehicles without looking at tutorials. I have laid out a plan to pretty much fix up 3.0. I contains a few bugs and unfinished pieces. I would like some help with learning my way around to fixing some of these bugs. I feel like this will give me a taste of a lot there is to modding. Here is my list, not really in any type of order, of bugs I have discovered and want to know how to fix, and my future plans after fixing the bugs to make my LA Mod the best I can make it and eventually create original work.

1:In the editor for my mod, whenever I click "Edit Children" my game CTD's. It works fine in other mods.

2: When pressing the siren command on most fire trucks, this message is given: (_LASirena1651):Error G__getvariable: expression  This must have something to do with the siren script? I looked in there but could not find anything related to the message.

3: ENG 1, Old USAR, and ENG 7 in the eastern fire station have no sirens. (I know how to fix this)

4: The ambulances at the ambulance station south on the map park in front, outside of the vehicle bays, when given the toEMSstation command.

5: Battalion 1 has not tofirestation command. I do not know if it just does not have the command or if it needs to be linked to a spot? I do not have any knowledge on vehicle placement on map.

6: EMS 2, the supervisor truck parked at the hospital, has the same problem as the ambulances at the EMS station where the vehicle parks in the incorrect spot. In this case it is not into a building or vehicle bay, but still does not return to correct position.

These next few things are just general plans for the future after fixing these bugs. I want to get better at 3D modeling and lighting and try to make LA Mod as realistic as possible, vehicle wise, until I get into scripting. Basically what Itchboy did with City of Angels.

1: Remove LAX Ambo and Crash truck. I feel they have no purpose on the map and are unrealistic.

2: Update/Create/Fix Vehicle Animations. Such as vehicles with deployable flood lights. and doors that open on the wrong side or not at all, and even some Mobile command slideouts.

3: Update/Create/Add New and realistic vehicles rather than the unrealistic ones currently present in the mod. I have already added the LAPD CVPI, FPI, and FPIU, and updated their lights to a (relatively) realistic standard.

I know this is a lot and I have a long way to go but I am very interested and would like all the help I can get.

On a side note: For 3D modeling in the future, I have Zmod 3, but all tutorials on the site and YT are in 2. Is EM4 modding with Zmod 3 possible?

Thank You for the help in advance!