Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
  • Announcements

• randomperson139

Signatures   03/04/2016

Hi everyone. It appears that the update to the new forum has affected the format of the majority of signatures (adding extra spaces, changing sizes etc.). Due to this, could everyone please check their own signature, ensuring that it complies with the site rules. See the http://www.emergency-planet.com/tos.html/ or http://www.emergency-planet.com/topic/16848-acceptable-signature-sizes/ for more information.  We'll give it a few weeks to give enough time to edit signatures, after that the unnecessarily large signatures will simply be removed. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, EMP Staff.
armyconrad

Roads, Map Texture, & Mapmaking Questions

Hey all. I have some questions about making map textures for American Themed mods. In case it helps, I don't have any brushes for making maps right now, but I want to get them. I use gimp to make the map, then export it in paintdotnet. I prefer not to have to copy paste from other map textures, but if that is the only way I guess I can give it a try,

1. How do you make curved roads? From slightly curved to extremely curved. I have always had trouble with curved roads.

2. How do you make slanted roads? Like roads that aren't going perfectly up-down nor left-right.

3. Is it possible to get a green colored large lake on map? If so, how would I get the color to be green?

4. What are the recommended settings for the terrain editing tools?

5. How do you know how big you need to make a street or a lot where a building will go for the map texture?

I may update with more questions as time goes on and I get more questions. I will edit the topic title and add "updated <insert date>" if that happens. Thanks in advance for any answers and help.