DakotaM990

[EM4/911FR] Giving players your units on multiplayer?

Hi all,

After playing multiplayer for the first time a few days ago a buddy and I were wondering about something.

Some of his PD Units glitch to where he can't see them and an event remains IN PROG. because he can't take the suspect back to the PD on the LA Mod. We're wondering if there's a way you are able to give other players your units as to where they can control them.

I do know that if a player leaves and if there are one or more players left then their units are distributed to those players.

Hope someone can shed some light on this.

D

Active players cannot give one another their units, some of the original game's structures has problems resulting in only the host being able to use/do certain types of events (the issues persist in the original game so it makes sense they carry over to mods).  The only thing you can do is recognize which things are problematic and ensure the host is in charge of those tasks where the other users handle other issues going on.  If I call out a fire engine I cannot give it to you.  There are certain exceptions in which things script-driven do not have ownership set, but the vehicles and personnel tend to have ownership assigned so the only way they can take custody of them is if you sent them back to the depot and they called them out.

The main thing you need to make sure the host has control of in multiplayer for LA Mod that I have found so far. Is that the host must set up the ladder to enter second floor windows. In some mods anyone can go up that ladder once it is set up and then in some the host has to make entry. The other thing I found is if you use the fire dept crane the host has to do it other wise it does not work properly.

A little late reply but thanks for the information.

I'm usually the one hosting the server due to the fact everyone can connect to me. It's not about events but from what I seen in the LA Mod bugs the problem my friend is having is the "Chase command makes officers invisible to joiners". That's the only problem we're having besides AIs backing up traffic and uncontrollable fires! :laugh:

Edit: He's now unable to see SWAT Officers when he takes them out of the Rescue Truck

Thanks,

D