station9emt/firefighter

Emergency 4... LAG Problems

i installed the game. and what not. the emergency 4 video came up crystal clear. no problems... but when i get t othe options to play or to activate the mod... IT SOOOOOOOO LAGGY. like my computer is slow... but im running a p4 3.0 GHZ

with a Nvidia 7300 a GIG a ram.... so i dont get it.. the game also lags like there is something just keeping it from goin smooth. please help me.

Guest new to mods

:1046275142_sniper:

Lower your graphic settings

Update your graphic drivers

Close down programs like msn, maybe try out to play without antivirus

hey thats how my comp was but all i had to do is let my sytem get used to the game i have not touched one option and i dont even run on a GIG of RAM

well i turned off the avast virus scanner and it went smooth.... but after i tryed playing again. it didnt work.... is there somthing wrong?/.... every thing on my card is running on performance the graphics on the game are low. and the color is 32bit..... HELP ME!!!!!! please. ive been waiting for a long time for this game.. help me please

Try playing with the lag for a bit of time (antivirus on) after that mostly the lag will go off, in the begin I had lag on my comp with the deluxe version, too but after a good week it was gone. I suppose the antivirus software has to scan each executes file first.

Oh and btw, Avast, nice choise :sporty:

Try playing with the lag for a bit of time (antivirus on) after that mostly the lag will go off, in the begin I had lag on my comp with the deluxe version, too but after a good week it was gone. I suppose the antivirus software has to scan each executes file first.

Guest mallard32

I am having the same problem, ive tried all that was said and it still happens. One time it will work fine but all the others just lag with high fps. My pc meets the requirements and how can i fix this?

Guest Mugenr
ok now i might break my computer. i just got another gig of ram so im running with 2 gig of ram and its still laggy

i did all that you said stan.... but im still depressed cause i cant play...

Give it a bit more time, its been only 3 days since english release and as stan says, as things happen in game, your security progams will check those files (in some case). I turn off anti virus and for me personaly with AVG, had to manualy allow em4 (avg isnt my primary virus scan). I started off the same way and am now running very smooth. hope that makes sense my english is not very good.

Brett

ok someone please tell me...... is it just the security or is it my computer.? i really dont mean to sound like a butt hole but i just want to start on my mod. and i found somthing out. when im in editor i uncheck the wide screen option and it goes to a reg. window and it would run like a champ...... so what is goin on?

Guest chocolade1972

Hi,

Well i had the same problem .

I have also 2 gig of ram and nvidia geforce 6600 gt ddr3 256mb video card .

I could play smooth battlefield 2 online action game the game take almost one gig of memory and still runing good.

What i did is i changed the graphics settings in 911 first responders to the lowest and changed the mouse scroll option to Fast.

Now the game dosent lag anymore and its running fast and smooth .

But the graphics looks bad . So what ill do now is ill raise the graphics settings each time something else untill ill see whats the thing that cus the lag .

Im sure that the game need a patch . its a bug in the game since Emergency 3 have almost same graphics and its running smooth on highest settings with the l.a mod and without .

So what i suggest you to do meanwhile is like me lower down your graphics settings then start to raise it one by one in the options and see whats the thing that cuz the lag .

I just can hope Atari or the game dev's will make a patch that will fix it .

Meanwhile i think its the game resolution so try to play with it . im using now 800X600 and ill start raising it step by step .

But for sure its a bug in the game ! i have other games with much more heavey graphics and the game take much more memory and they run smooth . So my system is ok thats mean the problem is in the game .

Another thing you could try is to leave your graphics settings on highest then go to the installation directory where the game is and edit the game cfg file : em4.cfg then make a search in the game for FPS ( Frame Per Second ) the value for it now is 0 . I didnt try yet but maybe change it to 1 or something else will fix it .

I just tried now playing with the resolution and it seems on 800X600 the game running smooth . But still when you move the screen with the mouse fast from side to side you see some glitchs i think its the fps thing .

So nothing will help but a good patch . Or maybe playing with the em4.cfg file and try change stuff there to see maybe it will fix it . Ill try later playing with the em4.cfg file and we will see .

We should all send emails to those who created the game and ask them for a patch ! Its not atari i dont know who made the game .

Guest Compton

That's the problem ! 7300 nVidia

I have an 8800 GTX and no problem but before that I had a 7900 GS and the game became laggy when there were many police cars on streets.

Guest mrsanta172

I too had horrible lag problems after first downloading the game. I uninstalled EM3, did a disk clean-up and disable pretty much everything running on my system. I hate to run without a virus protection, but it seems to do the trick. The game was running smoother than EM3 ever did. I bought it last night and only got to play it for about an hour to test it, now I am waiting to get out of work so I can play some more. I think I am going to go buy an additional gig of RAM tonight just for the heck of it I am currently working with 512MB.

Guest ZildjianDrummer

Well perhaps the game will run smoother when you run the game in HIGH QUALITY not Performance...

Such case as in Knights of the Old Republic.. my game ran slow as hell and the lightsaber didnt look right.. i had it on full performance... looked it up online and it said to be sure to have it to full quality, In fact ..... thats what my setting is STILL and i have no lag whatsoever.... my Nvidia Setting is HIGH QUALITY

TRY IT! maybe it'll fix it...

Intel P4 2.53ghz

100GB HD

2 GB DDRRAM

GeForce 6200

My 911 Runs smooth on LOW SETTINGS but you can edit the anti alias settings and stuff so it looks smoother and whatnot...

LA MOD or not its smooth

I tihk I know how to change it to Quality but It didn't work very well still.

If someone could tell me how to change that on a machine that runs on Microsoft XP that would be great :D

EDIT: I have tryed changing the Graphics card qualitys and stuff... Not sure if I have to restart the PC to make it work but I'll try it anyway :D