heyjoojoo

What's the difference among these folders: lang, specs, and units?

I am trying to change the order of the vehicles that appear in the game list. So, I went into the Units folder and renamed all the folders with numbers and new names like this:

01_presidential_limo

02_secretservice

03_PD_sanfrancisco1

and so on.....

For some reason when I start the game, the order is changed but not in the order I chose by changing the names. They're a mixed up.

What did I do wrong?

Hello,

I might be very mistaken as it has been a bit of time again but I think that the order has to do with the order in the freeplaybase file.

I'm going to check this right now to correct myself if I'm wrong but basically that should be it.

Regards,

Stan

Hello, I might be very mistaken as it has been a bit of time again but I think that the order has to do with the order in the freeplaybase file. I'm going to check this right now to correct myself if I'm wrong but basically that should be it. Regards, Stan
yup! stan is right! it's the freeplaybase.xml file in the specs folder! you can open it with a text program and swap the lines with the prototype folders ;) there was another xml file in the specs folder where you find the prototype references in but it just can't remember it's name atm :-(

Hmmmm... I don't think so guys. I've checked that and the order I see in that feeplaybase file and it is nowhere near the order that shows up in the lists during gameplay....