dtmdragon

New Zealand Emergency Vehicle reskins, dedicated to all those affected by the earthquake disaster in Christchurch New Zealand

This mod/reskin is dedicated to all those affected by the disaster in Christchurch and to my colleagues that make up the bulk of the New Zealand USAR teams working to save and recover the victims of the quake.

Here are my New Zealand emergency vehicle reskins for the LA 2.0.2 Mod (you need the Update v2.0.2 installed). You will also need the "Additional Units Submod" by Hoppah with at least the coast guard dolphin installed (I recommend the alternate sirens as well).

Also included is a New Zealand Fire Service Fire Station Alarm. I also recommend the Project Reality Lights sub mod.

Instillation instuctions are included in the READ ME FIRST file.

All credit goes to Hoppah for all his work on the LA Mod.

Let me know what you guys think, this is my first go at reskins :)

--------------------------UPDATES 03/01/11-----------------------------------------------

This mod/reskin is now dedicated to all those affected by the disaster in Christchurch and to my colleagues that make up the bulk of the New Zealand USAR teams working to save and recover the victims of the quake

--------------------------UPDATES 10/09/10-----------------------------------------------

ADDED: -Auckland International Airport Crash fire reskins for LAX Crash truck and LAX Ambulance

-Minor edit to NZFS USAR Squad skin

-NZFS Reskin for equpment trailer

-Ministry of health reskin for mass casualty unit

-Minor change to coroner unit

-LA police man/wommen/dog handler skin and model changed

-Building signage on Fire/Police stations, hospital and flags changed to New Zealand versions.

See attached images for all available New Zealand Emergency Service reskins

--------------------------UPDATES 29/08/10----------------------------------------------------------

The .dds files for the front and back of most of the models was missing and has now been added. Sorry for the mistake guys.

Also added repaint for Engine 2

New Zealand Skins For LA Mod.zip

post-11715-060863700 1284101316_thumb.jp

post-11715-090400400 1284101324_thumb.jp

Ill give a technical explanation if you like, but the lazy explanation is, this is normal. Its not a screw up in the editor, just the editor showing children. ;) It would function normal in game.

It sure does lol. Mod has been fixed and updated 29/08 - see original post.

Not sure, I think Ive covered the bases needed for a New Zealand freeplay game however if I do anymore I will upload them.

thank you for adding these to your mod as i myself am from new zealand as well and loved the new looks for the la mods units but your mod is highly detailed and i look foward to seeing what you have instore for us next so great work.

Hi, hope everyone is enjoying these reskins. I need a bit of help with some scripting that I can't get to work as currently when a unit is dispatched by the Battalion chief from the station the following happens in this order:

station alarm sounds - vehicles emergency lights turn on – crew spawn from station doors and head to the vehicle – once the crew are in the vehicle the station door opens and the vehicle responds - station door closes.

I don’t know exactly how the turn out goes in LA but I'm a Kiwi firemen and think it would be more realistic if things happened in the following order:

station alarm sounds and station door opens – crew spawn from station doors and head to the vehicle – vehicles emergency lights turn on once the crew are inside the vehicle and then it responds - station door closes

So if anyone can help let me know as I have tried and failed to get it to work. (I have posted in the alterations section but no one has responded.)

Cheers.

Hey i have the nz police siren tone its decent mayb you could change the sirens for the police cars in the game and make it more realistic :)

Thanks for the offer but the idea behind this submod was a 'what if' New Zealand using US vehicles so in that sense I want to use the current sirens. :)

Erm, I am pretty new to this reskining vehicles thing, and I really, really want this mod, so can anyone make it a bit more easy or give me some different instructions because I have tried to download and install this about 20 times and I just simply cant do it!!!

I finally got to download it, and in one word I would say that its, AMAZING!!! Thanks 'dmtdragon' for this mezmorising modification, all credit!

• Upvote 1

Guest cfsfirefighter

Hey guys love this mod as it is the closes reskin to my cities fire trucks but i was wondering if someone could change the light bar on the fire trucks to look like the one in this photo.

4740m.jpg

That would be awesome thanks again for this reskin