CaptainNegatory

Is There A Better Create A Car Tutorial For Zmodeler...?

Okay,

I'm going through zmodelers tutorial on how to create a car and it's just not making sense. I'm trying to learn how to create vehicles, and then I can take it to Hoppah's tutorial and learn about flipping and mirroring. The zmodeler tutorial doesn't show what tools they are using, and Hoppah's tutorial gets to a step where it says once your model is finished (Half Of It) do this to flip it. So basically, I need help finding a tutorial about creating models mainly of cars in ZModeler, Google Sketch, or Lightwave, possibly 3Ds Max. Tryed google and didn't find very much. Thanks Everyone!

Appreciate It,

C. Negatory

Okay,

I'm going through zmodelers tutorial on how to create a car and it's just not making sense. I'm trying to learn how to create vehicles, and then I can take it to Hoppah's tutorial and learn about flipping and mirroring. The zmodeler tutorial doesn't show what tools they are using, and Hoppah's tutorial gets to a step where it says once your model is finished (Half Of It) do this to flip it. So basically, I need help finding a tutorial about creating models mainly of cars in ZModeler, Google Sketch, or Lightwave, possibly 3Ds Max. Tryed google and didn't find very much. Thanks Everyone!

Appreciate It,

C. Negatory

At the zmodeler tutorial.

Read them all. not only the modelling part,. but also introduction and the tools explaining part... if you did that, you wouldn't have come up with this: The zmodeler tutorial doesn't show what tools they are using

The zmodeler tutorial doesn't show what tools they are using, and Hoppah's tutorial gets to a step where it says once your model is finished (Half Of It) do this to flip it. So basically, I need help finding a tutorial about creating models mainly of cars in ZModeler, Google Sketch, or Lightwave, possibly 3Ds Max. Tryed google and didn't find very much. Thanks Everyone!

Just use Zmodeler, it'll save you a lot of time and you'kk make great models once you learn it.

So I gather you've made your half model off Hoppahs tutorial at this point, I will complete the flipping bit you asked for here.

After that, use the "create/copy" tool on the whole object. Then drag one of the copies out to the side of the other, then go to "modify/mirror" tool, click on the object you want to mirror, if its front view i guess you want to flip it whilst having the X axis selected only?

After this, position the two halfs together correctly, then attach them "modify/attach". Once you have done this, you need to go into the poly mode, and weld the two halfs together, by selecting the polys for welding with "select/quadr" tool, and then "modify/submesh/weld" tool, if you want you can do it individually like that, selecting each poly couple to weld, or use multiple weld by selecting all polys needed to weld, then in the weld submenu ticking the multiple weld box, and changing the first tolerance so its correct for the distance apart your polys are, (try 0.003-0.005 I think)

Hope that helps :12:

Just use Zmodeler, it'll save you a lot of time and you'kk make great models once you learn it.

So I gather you've made your half model off Hoppahs tutorial at this point, I will complete the flipping bit you asked for here.

After that, use the "create/copy" tool on the whole object. Then drag one of the copies out to the side of the other, then go to "modify/mirror" tool, click on the object you want to mirror, if its front view i guess you want to flip it whilst having the X axis selected only?

After this, position the two halfs together correctly, then attach them "modify/attach". Once you have done this, you need to go into the poly mode, and weld the two halfs together, by selecting the polys for welding with "select/quadr" tool, and then "modify/submesh/weld" tool, if you want you can do it individually like that, selecting each poly couple to weld, or use multiple weld by selecting all polys needed to weld, then in the weld submenu ticking the multiple weld box, and changing the first tolerance so its correct for the distance apart your polys are, (try 0.003-0.005 I think)

Hope that helps :12:

That Helped Alot Thank You! Now it's making sense, just one more thing, when making the model, how do I keep one side of the (Half) perfectly cut straight?

look on this 2 tutorials:

and part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O6KxefPlkA...feature=related

I followed that exactly what he/she did on the video and now I can make cars (only I did it with another blueprint XD )

Haven't watched the whole tutorial yet but I looked through it and it seems really great thank you!

At the zmodeler tutorial.

Read them all. not only the modelling part,. but also introduction and the tools explaining part... if you did that, you wouldn't have come up with this: The zmodeler tutorial doesn't show what tools they are using

Yeah I already did, but sometimes I forget what tool does what and its extremely difficult to go back and forth, not to mention that the files in the Zmodeler Tutorial, the first steps files are missing. Thanks Anyways Though!

Thanks For Your Help,

C. Negatory