Guest miked9372

xbox or ps3

xbox 360 or ps3  

31 members have voted

1. 1. xbox 360 vs ps3

• xbox 360
    • ps3

I prefer the PS3 much above the XBOX360.

The XBOX360 is full of emtremely-aggressive pro guys/kids that play all day long. And I just don't feel like having to repair my XBOX360 every 3-5 months because of the RROD. Even though XBOX Live is way better than PSN, you have to pay for using it. Yes, you can download free tv-series and stuff, but still. Imagine Call o Duty pushes their plans through and actually decides to charge for online play. For XBOX players this would be extremely frustrating since you firstly have to pay for a XBOX then pay for an online card and then you have to pay to play online in COD.

Wow, where do you get your info?

You do NOT have to frickin pay for CoD online, Jesus. XBL is WAAAY better than PSN will EVER be and Sony knows it, so thats why its free; to lure people in. True, XBL has its drawbacks but what you pay for is a MUCH better value.

360 also has a lot more exclusive games and other features only found on it, which is better than anything PS3 will ever offer.

You dont have to repair your Xbox every 3 months, God. Thats only a holdover from the early days of 360 BETA devices that sucked. True, recently I got Error 74 + RROD, but i just took it to Best Buy, got the hard drive copied from my 8 GB to a new 60 GB, and i got a brand new Xbox for free including all new headset + controller. And it worked fine before; have had ABSOLUTELY no problems whatsoever since.

Sure, PS3 may have a better graphics card, but honestly, you cant notice a difference. Besides, PS3 has games that cant even fit on a 60 GB Blu-ray, now thats a fail. Oh, Blu-ray player. Big whoop. Blu-ray is just a fancy name for a DVD that costs more. 360 has the same quality playback of a normal DVD, so youre wasting your money.

Dont just say things because thats just what youve heard. 360 is a much better value for the money. Same with XBL. PS3 is just so cheap cause they cant compete with 360. Besides, a new Xbox will be coming out within a few years, while Sony has no plans of a new console within the next decade or so :1046275767_ugly:

In short, PS2 is better than PS3 lol

This will always get indifferent results.

I find there are 2 factors that should help you make your decision;

1) What do your friends own?

If there is a majority, you can play endless multiplayers with them, be it online or offline with the advantages of party chat etc

It also allows for some good ol' fashion "can I swap this game for this for a couple weeks please?" *flutters eyelids*

2) Exclusive To Console Games

No doubt you have a preferred style of game (FPS, Puzzle etc).

As far as I am aware the exclusive rights to a game are slowly dying out, as companies realise they can make more money by allowing more consoles to play their games, but you might find you want specific games unavailable on the other (Halo/Metal Gear Solid for example)

Either way, you will be happy with whatever decision you make, both consolves are very good.

(For the record I am a 360 owner, and I couldn't love the thing any more than I do. Yes I have to pay for my online usage etc, but when I get endless amounts of quality retro arcade games and now access to my Sky box/movies I can't form any sort of complaint)

Hope this helps :)

(Oh and ami, I agree with your blu-ray stance. Why would I pay an extra £10 for a dvd which has the same beginning, middle and end as the normal version?!?)

Fanboy alert...

OP should disregard everything Ami says until he can construct a decent and unbiased argument.

OP: Depends on what you want:

Both consoles have an online system. The Xbox online is better than the PS3's online because there's more to it, whereas the PS3 online is simple and basic. The upside to the PS3 online is that it's free and the upside to the Xbox one is it's superiority.

Both consoles have their own shop, the MarketPlace and the PSN. Both allows you to download demos and buy games.

Then it depends on what you're friends are playing on. And then it depends on if you actually want to play with your friends.

Then there's the case of exclusive games. Look at what games you like and see if their exclusive or not...

EDIT: Actually, just listen to Fuzzyface. He's good at explaining things :P

2nd EDIT: This topic looks very familiar. I'm sure me and Ami have posted in here before (probably got post removed for arguing)

3rd EDIT: I'm going to assume the OP doesn't need our advice seeing as he just bought a $5K computer

4th EDIT: Stick with a computer. It's better :P

5th EDIT: Considered Fuzzyface's advice on fixing "3th edit"

6th EDIT: Fixed "3th EDIT" to read "4th EDIT"

wow tied up now what has better graphics do you think

Well, the PS3 has better graphics. It's video chip is built around the Nvidia NV47 (GeForce 7800) chip, while the Xbox 260 uses the ATI R500 chip, which is the precursor to the ATI R600 (Radeon HD 2000/3000 series) chip.

Hands down PC has the best graphics though. Any PC with a 8800 GT or better will have better graphics.

PS3 is ugly lol. PS2 is so much better.

@Hunter: Nothing right there was biased. That was all from reliable, factual sources and my own personal experiences with the 360 AND PS3. That being said, your response is technically biased anyway. In fact, unless someone's played both, their opinion will always be biased.

PS3 is ugly lol. PS2 is so much better.

^^Although an opinion, it doesn't really need to be voiced given this has nothing to do with performance.

I'm a 360 owner (as stated above) and I would happily say the PS3 does have better graphics (as shown very well by billyfromhill)

I would like to point out that I was a happy Sony/Playstation user until after the ps2 (not saying it was a bad console, it sits on top of my 360 as I still use it), but I pretty much looked at the prices between 360 & PS3, and as I said when it comes to it ultimately the games you want to play make the decision.

I personally think you should just look at it from the point of available games.

Fifa, CoD etc are available on all platforms. If you have specific preference of game style, find the console which has better games on its exclusive deals.

If it's neither, use the cheaper console <---- Common sense, not a subtle advert for the 360 :)

Wow, where do you get your info?

You do NOT have to frickin pay for CoD online, Jesus. XBL is WAAAY better than PSN will EVER be and Sony knows it, so thats why its free; to lure people in. True, XBL has its drawbacks but what you pay for is a MUCH better value.

360 also has a lot more exclusive games and other features only found on it, which is better than anything PS3 will ever offer.

You dont have to repair your Xbox every 3 months, God. Thats only a holdover from the early days of 360 BETA devices that sucked. True, recently I got Error 74 + RROD, but i just took it to Best Buy, got the hard drive copied from my 8 GB to a new 60 GB, and i got a brand new Xbox for free including all new headset + controller. And it worked fine before; have had ABSOLUTELY no problems whatsoever since.

Sure, PS3 may have a better graphics card, but honestly, you cant notice a difference. Besides, PS3 has games that cant even fit on a 60 GB Blu-ray, now thats a fail. Oh, Blu-ray player. Big whoop. Blu-ray is just a fancy name for a DVD that costs more. 360 has the same quality playback of a normal DVD, so youre wasting your money.

Dont just say things because thats just what youve heard. 360 is a much better value for the money. Same with XBL. PS3 is just so cheap cause they cant compete with 360. Besides, a new Xbox will be coming out within a few years, while Sony has no plans of a new console within the next decade or so :1046275767_ugly:

In short, PS2 is better than PS3 lol

The RROD is hardly a beta device issue.

"On the 8th of February 2008, during the Game Developers Conference 2008, Microsoft announced that the "Failure rate has officially dropped", but without mentioning any specifics.[21] The same month, electronics warranty provider SquareTrade published an examination of 1040 Xbox 360s and said that they suffered from a failure rate of 16.4% (one in six). Of the 171 failures, 60% were due to a general hardware failure (and thus fell under the 3 year extended warranty). And of the remaining 40% which were not covered by the extended warranty, 18% were disc read errors, 13% were video card failures, 13% were hard drive freezes, 10% were power issues and 7% were disc tray malfunctions.[22][23] "

As for Blu-Ray, it depends. I have seen some Blu-Ray titles that were amazing in quality, and I have seen some that were not any better then that of its DVD counter part.

Ami, just because YOU bought the extended warant through best buy, doesnt mean we all did.

Well, the PS3 has better graphics. It's video chip is built around the Nvidia NV47 (GeForce 7800) chip, while the Xbox 260 uses the ATI R500 chip, which is the precursor to the ATI R600 (Radeon HD 2000/3000 series) chip.

Hands down PC has the best graphics though. Any PC with a 8800 GT or better will have better graphics.

From what I can see, the ATI and Nvidia chips are benchmarked roughly the same. Like always the ATI counterpart comes in at a similar benchmark, and costs less then its nvidia counterpart thats not going to offer you a noticeable real world performance difference.

Personally I wouldnt say the PS3 has better graphics, because the chips benchmark about the same, but the PS3 seems more detailed.

I think Sonys problem with the PS3 was going with the higher priced nvidia chipset, costing them more money. Going with the Cell Processor, again costing them more money. they went with Bluetooth for wireless capabilities, again jacking up the price. Sony put built in WiFi, again raising production costs, and the nail in the coffin, they used a Blu-Ray drive which further raised production parts. Microsoft used older but tried and true technology(I have seen lots of good reviews about upscaling technology like that of the 360), so I think it was more then adequate to stick with a DVD-ROM. Microsoft wins this round in terms of numbers because they were smart and kept costs down for them selves and the consumer.

@Hunter: Nothing right there was biased. That was all from reliable, factual sources and my own personal experiences with the 360 AND PS3. That being said, your response is technically biased anyway. In fact, unless someone's played both, their opinion will always be biased.

Oh, I'm so sorry. I never realized you have played both consoles. You clearly have the better first hand experience and we should all listen to your completely unbiased statements. [/sarcasm]

Are you aware of what "biased" means? Because it doesn't look like it. If what you put was unbiased, then you would have pros and cons to both consoles, then come to a fair and balanced conclusion. You failed to mention anything about the PS3 and you dismiss the claims of the RROD being a consistent problem.

And what's so biased about my response? It might be a little biased towards the PS3 but at least I tried to make an effort unlike you.

I agree with what Xplorer4x4.

I won't make an input on the graphics because I know nothing about ATI chips. :unsure:

Ami, just because YOU bought the extended warant through best buy, doesnt mean we all did.

I didn't buy it. :1046275767_ugly:

@Hunter: Of course I know what bias is. And I did come to a conclusion: PS2 is better than PS3.

Fine then:

Xbox

Pros

- Many more games, especially exclusive ones

- Much better online

- More chance of it being upgraded soon

Cons

- Have to pay for all and is owned by Microshit (<- no censoring or else)

- Lots of noobs

- Has some errors (but what doesn't?)

PS3

Pros

- Better graphics

- Free online

- Owned by Cameras?

- Blu-ray?

Cons

- More expensive (except for now)

- Less games

- Worse online (as taken from other posts)

- Much less chance of a suitable replacement within 10 years (THIS TAKEN DIRECTLY FROM A QUOTE BY SONY'S CEO)

Conclusion: Get a PC.

Ami, can you spare us all an argument and quit mentioning PS2 v PS3?

It has NOTHING to do with the question the thread is based on.

The guy at the beginning of this just wanted an idea based on the FACTS of both consoles.

I feel between me,billyfromhill & Xplorer, he can draw his own conclusion and make his decision.

Read my post then.

Ah, British people. Why do they always think they own the world. (Don't start; there are tons of EXTREMELY arrogant and rude English people on this forum, It's from my experience. I will name names if push comes to shove.)

If he was supposed to make a decision, then it would be HIS choice which information to look at. Not anyone else's. Basically all of the info in that last post was 100% true, so I really don't see why my point should be taken as moot.

And I'll stop this now, since I know when to stop something that could escalate into an all-out bitch fight. Besides, arguing on the internet is something only retards do.

Ah, British people. Why do they always think they own the world. (Don't start; there are tons of EXTREMELY arrogant and rude English people on this forum, It's from my experience. I will name names if push comes to shove.)

Just as well I'm Scottish then :P

I would argue this, but I've seen what you're referring to.

And I'll stop this now, since I know when to stop something that could escalate into an all-out bitch fight. Besides, arguing on the internet is something only retards do.

Unless you're on youtube :P

BTW, this topic is about 3-4months old. Who/how/why did it resurface??

EDIT: Oh what the hell? Several posts happened while I was busy posting. I'm slow :(

Feels ironic that Ami comes in here talking about how the British people act like they rule the world, when no one actually mentioned about being a superior person and it makes Ami look even more big headed than he already is... AND he's being even more arrogant than the said British people on the forum

Read my post then.

If he was supposed to make a decision, then it would be HIS choice which information to look at. Not anyone else's. Basically all of the info in that last post was 100% true, so I really don't see why my point should be taken as moot.

If its 100% true id love to see some stats to back up the statement that RROD was restricted to BETA consoles.

And not to make a big deal out of it but you seemed to come in here with a big head the way you seemed to blow up on the subject.

Anyways, back to topic, yes Sony has said there isnt plans for a new console, but 1)Things change, and 2) I think they could push the console harder. As Ami pointed out, games dont occupy the whole disc, although thats just a guess on my part as I havent actually seen proof of this, but that means theres plenty of disc space to extend the stories of games add features, and so forth. I realize I put sony down for going Blu-Ray but perhaps, Blu-Ray was a good idea, but they should have scrapped the extras. M$ on the other hand is likley maxing, or close to maxing out there Dual Layer DVDs.

Depending on the cooling of the PS3 @ stock levels, Sony could probably push an update to OC the video card pushing some more performance out of it. M$ on the other hand, cant afford increasing heat in there consoles.

I own both a PS3 and Xbox360, and really dont have a preference. I do enjoy the fact Ps3 has PSN for free, but I dont know that I really favor either console.