Guest Skycat

Running EM4D on Vista 64 bit and computer specs Q

Guest Skycat

Hi all,

Buying a new laptop soon and I'd like to make sure I can run EM4D on it. Will EM4D run fine on 64 bit or should I stick to 32 bit Vista (I guess the main reason for going 64 bit would be to be able to use the last 1GB of ram if I get a 4GB one (on 32 bit you can only use 3 of those 4GB)? As for the cores, from what I've found on the forums I understand that sometimes it's best to run EM4D on one core but that this can be done using a dual core computer by disabling one of the cores with task manager right?

Also an important question: what's more important for gaming, processor speed or graphics card? I'm looking at the following:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2,26GHz

4GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570

Would I be better off trying to find a computer with a Core 2 Duo 2,4GHz processor at the sacrifice of maybe a bit worse graphics card? Or is the graphics card more important in this case? (Also would be good to consider upgrade possibilities, i.e. is it easier to upgrade the processor or the graphics card?)

Thanks so much,

-Skycat :)

Guest GB619
Hi all,

Buying a new laptop soon and I'd like to make sure I can run EM4D on it. Will EM4D run fine on 64 bit or should I stick to 32 bit Vista (I guess the main reason for going 64 bit would be to be able to use the last 1GB of ram if I get a 4GB one (on 32 bit you can only use 3 of those 4GB)? As for the cores, from what I've found on the forums I understand that sometimes it's best to run EM4D on one core but that this can be done using a dual core computer by disabling one of the cores with task manager right?

Also an important question: what's more important for gaming, processor speed or graphics card? I'm looking at the following:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2,26GHz

4GB RAM

ATI Mobility Radeon HD4570

Would I be better off trying to find a computer with a Core 2 Duo 2,4GHz processor at the sacrifice of maybe a bit worse graphics card? Or is the graphics card more important in this case? (Also would be good to consider upgrade possibilities, i.e. is it easier to upgrade the processor or the graphics card?)

Thanks so much,

-Skycat :)

With all laptops it is not easy to upgrade anything,things like GFX cards it would need to be an extremely expensive one for you yourself to change out the gfx card,as for the processors,that kind of job is really left to a pro,we change them at work,and it is easy for you to damage the ribbon cables and connection in a laptop,as for running it on vista,i had quad core PC and it ran without any issues on my PC

Maybe others can shed more light on this subject