puppysboy222

Jakes Life

Here is a book that I started and WILL NOT be finished because I have a more important one to do. But I thought I would share it until I get the first chapter of my other book:

Prologue

It was a cold, windy day as a Cessna Citation X touched down on runway 20 at Sacramento International. I watched as it turned and taxied toward me. I also walked toward the aircraft, my mind as nervous as a deer knowing it was being hunted, and a stomach like butterflies being shook in a small can.

I listened as the engines started to power down, and the taxi, navigation, strobe, and rotating beacon lights went out, and watched as the main entrance folded down. A man stepped out first with an unusually small teen, about sixteen.

“So, you really think you got what it takes?” asked the man. His eyes looked challenging as he said it, and the teen looked as if he was about to say something.

“Do you doubt my skills,” I said, calmly. But, I think there was a hint of anger as I said it.

“No, Jake. I was just making sure you were ready for it.”

“Okay, but it looked to me like you were challenging me, and that scrawny little Alex looked as if he were going to say something, and not anything nice.”

Alex stared at me hard, and seemed almost hurt. So what, I thought. He would seem hurt if you asked to borrow a pencil. The man, a.k.a. Chris, threw me some keys and shooed Alex back into the plane.

“Now, I don’t want to see on the news that a plane with two teens in it crashed because they were fighting inside, otherwise you both will have your pilots license took away.”

He walked to a waiting limo, which sped off into the night. I turned towards Alex, who was staring back at me. We stood like that for a while, before a cat meowed from somewhere in the plane. I jumped up the stairs and walked around the interior.

Seats, mini flat screen TVs, folding out food, and a screen for progress of the flight, I thought, amazed. Also, there were two cats and a small dog that would come along with us.

“Are we really going to take these animals to…you-know-where?” I asked. I was careful that people weren’t snooping around somewhere, listening to us and what we were about to do.

“Precaution,” Alex said. “We need a distraction. And by the way, Chris thinks we are going to Houston. He would never suspect that we did it.” He smiled a little, and I think that was the first smile in about a year. “Dad’s gunna’ be cured in no time.”

“But, what about the airport records? Won’t he look in there to see if we arrived?” I asked. But Alex didn’t respond. All he did was mouth, I got it covered.

I looked out the window just in time to see another Citation X with the same paint scheme take off, turn, and head towards Huston.

“All we need to do is keep away from the…uh…city. They know something’s up since that last ‘skillful’ attempt at what was that? Safeway or something? They were on Michael at once…” Alex went on and on about failed attempts to get “Bread n’ butter” from several different places,

My name is Jake “Mad Dog” Hiesem, age eighteen.

Comments? Questions? ANYTHING?!!!!!