wgw214

For the Irish Mod

I need some modelers and scripters as this will be taking place in the North of Ireland During the Troubles there this is what I can tell about the North of Ireland It has been a hot bed of terroist activity despite the peace accord signed there were Recently 3 People killed by the RIRA

a sepratist group but any way here are the causlitys 1 of the 3 was a police officer and the other 2 were Soliders it just goes to show you that despite what you hear on the news there is always unrest in the north of ireland so that is why I am ask for your input also some Mission Ideas

1 IRA bomb explods in a shopping area

2. hostage situation at a local bank

3. A protest gone bad

so any thoughts ?

oh it is going to use some vechicles from the london mod but with diffrent colors and a new vechicle a land rover riot squad car for transporting police officers

Sadly I don't think people are that Intersted In an Irish Mod Can somone please Close this thred Thank And I am Sorry that this thred took up Server space :sorrysign:

Yea I am back and yes Seanny You can join My team the next part is finding scripters

and models you can send them to fp698e@yahoo.com

Can you mod by yourself?

Quoted from TOS

Creating a new mod

I want to create a new mod, but I do not have any skills.

When you want to create a new mod, but you do not poses any skills there isn't much use in asking someone to make the mod for you. Making mods is a very time consuming proces, you will probably not find someone to help you if you cannot participate in the mod. So you will have to learn some modding skills. There are some relatively easy basic modding skills you should try to master before starting a mod.

We have several tutorials and these FAQ's to help you master those skills. Of course you can also use the search function or ask questions on this forum if you need more help.

What skills should I be able to do when I want to create a new mod?

MikeyPI made a FAQ with the most important skills you need to start a new mod. Please read his FAQ carefully if you want to start a new mod. If you feel you do not have sufficient knowledge of some skills, you can follow one of the tutorials or search the forum or the web for beginners manuals.

What programs do I need to use to create a new mod?

MikeyPI made a FAQ with the most important programs you need to start a new mod. Please read his FAQ carefully if you want to start a new mod. The FAQ lists the download locations of many of the programs you need. If you feel you do not have sufficient knowledge of some prorams, you can follow one of the tutorials or search the forum or the web for beginners manuals. Usually the websites offering the programs also have a short beginners manual to help you get started.

How do I create a new mod?

Starting a new mod is relatively easy.

Can I use (parts of) other mods in my new mod?

(Parts of) Other mods are considered copyrighted by the creator of that mod. You will have to ask his permission to use the parts of the other mod in your own mod. Usually they are cool with using scripts as long as you credit them as the creator of the model in a read me you must add to the mod. Using one or two models that were made by somebody else usually isn't a big problem as well as long as you credit the creators of that model and asked for their permission. Usually it isn't allowed to reskin the models made by other people and present that as your own mod. That isn't considered modding, but just stealing other peoples models and pretend you created them by putting another paint scheme on them. You will probably not get permission to release reskinned models only.

Some mods have published their own copyright clause, like the LA MOD for example. You can check that clause to see if you are or aren't allowed to use parts of that mod in your own mod.