Guest Panicxz

EM4 Server

Guest Panicxz

Well, I've been doing some thinking lately and I came up with an idea, well, not really an idea, more like an interesting should-have feature for EM4.

We all know that to be able to host MP rooms, we need to obviously create a room on our desktop and leave it on as long as we're playing. Now, I do have some issues with this method:

- Most desktop computers have a crappy internet connection. Less than 10mbps and often a bit more, but still, those connections are hogged by other users from the same ISP, and often everyone lags their asses off.

- Let's face it, not everyone owns a powerful computer. Some of us still use a single core processor, believe it or not. And that would make the server laggy...therefore we'd all lag.

- The player limit. Now, I'm not a big expert in this game nor an addict playing it, but I think the max players (4 I think) should be at least upgraded to 6 or more, but considering what I wrote above, I'm glad we have a limit.

This is just the tip of the iceberg but I don't feel like writing everything else.

My idea is, how about if someone would make like a server script (Pretty much like SAMP) but for EM4. This script could be hosted in real servers with powerful hardware and internet connections. You would simply, pretty much like any other server, you would create a skel directory with the game files, create the game folder, copy the game files from your skel directory and just start the server with the script. This script should have a command line interface (Since it'd be better if it runs under Linux than Windows) and it would give us pretty much the same options that the GUI interface does now when we go and create a room.

I'm obviously not explaining the whole thing here since it'd be quite big, but I think you all got my idea.

Anyhow, I'm not stupid, I know this is something that can't be done in a day and would need at least come kind of contact with Wizard works...or whoever made this game, that's why it's kinda hard to make it happen since they won't really care. But I think it'd be great and would be lots of fun!

Just think about it, a city running under a server, lots of emergency vehicles and at least 10 people at the same time with great pings and no lag.

Now, there are some cons though. Just like SAMP.

Can you delete this post?

I found a better place to post it, sorry.

(Kill me please)

Edited by Panicxz