Tarek

Some Questions About modding

Hello Everyone,

I have a couple of questions relating the modding of Emergency 4/911 First Responders,

Currently im working on a mod with my mates from a clan,

I just have some questions which i hope someone can answer them

1. Using zmodeler

OK so first thing, do i have to use zmodeler to model my vehicles and add them to EM4/911:FR? i have 3D Studio Max & Google Sketch Up 6 PRO & Antics, I don't really know how this thing works so probably some help here too, what i don't understand is what exactly is the process of adding the new vehicle or what's the difference if i use zmodeler, 3d max, antics or even paintshop also whats the format that is needed.

2.What is textures?

I know that textures are basically the views or looks of the vehicle/person/object but where can i get them from, or must i make them?! and how do i use them

3. Getting vehicles?

Also where can i get polygon models of cars for free, or any vehicle which i can basically paint job for my mod so it fits the rest of its friendly vehicles!

These are my questions till now, when answered i will ask more :D

Thank you very much in advance :)

Tarek

Hello Everyone,

I have a couple of questions relating the modding of Emergency 4/911 First Responders,

Currently im working on a mod with my mates from a clan,

I just have some questions which i hope someone can answer them

1. Using zmodeler

OK so first thing, do i have to use zmodeler to model my vehicles and add them to EM4/911:FR? i have 3D Studio Max & Google Sketch Up 6 PRO & Antics, I don't really know how this thing works so probably some help here too, what i don't understand is what exactly is the process of adding the new vehicle or what's the difference if i use zmodeler, 3d max, antics or even paintshop also whats the format that is needed.

2.What is textures?

-I know that textures are basically the views or looks of the vehicle/person/object but where can i get them from, or must i make them?! and how do i use them

3. Getting vehicles?

Also where can i get polygon models of cars for free, or any vehicle which i can basically paint job for my mod so it fits the rest of its friendly vehicles!

These are my questions till now, when answered i will ask more :D

Thank you very much in advance :)

Tarek

well those are all very good questions. lets start with the first one:

I use 3ds max, and you can use any program that is a modeling program. but zmodeler is the only program that will convert the .3ds files from 3ds max, to .z3d and then to .v3o for emergency files. to import and export, you need to buy the zmodeler program or else you cant export.

-for textures, you can make them yourself or ask someone else to, but they all ahve to be custom made for the model you made. I use zmodeler to texture my vehicles (or uv-map for the technical term) and there is a tutorial on the main page of this website on how to do that with zmodeler.

and for vehicles, sorry bud but you either have to make them yourself(somewhat hard) or ask someone else to do it(which there are not many modelers here that are not already tied up with a project)

hope that helps!

-Eric

Well, First of all Thank you Very much for replying :)

I have another simple queestion, as Hoppah stated in his tutorials of zmodeler that we need the High polygon models is there somewhere which i can get those or do i need to buy them or make them from scratch?

well if you can find them..GREAT! but odds are you wont be able to and you will have to make them from scratch. honestly it is not as hard as it seems. it would take me like an hour to do a 2800 polygon model. btw, i would make one over 2500 because the game doesn't like models that high.

Guest gabegrenade

Ok this is REALLY OFF TOPIC

but...

I have the l.a mod for 911 first responders v1.6 and theres a patch that will allow me to play the old missions with the new mod.

One Problem

I don't know how 2 install a patch.

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE!!!!!!!!

you should just have to copy over the files in the patch. like, go to the directory of the la mod c:/computer/programfiles/wizardworks/911firstresponders/mods/LA Mod

and over wright the files there with the ones on the patch