Guest pudd

Rename wheel and door prototypes

Hello again!

Im going through Hoppas manual to add a vehicle!

And I got a problem when addnig the wheel and door prototypes!

I copied a rtw model/texture from another mod also the prototypes.

And renamed them to mtw (it was a rtw from the beginning). It all works good with the body prototype and I renamed the v3o and the dds file to lattsakrat.dds/v3o and change it in the v3o file to take lattsakrat.dds file instead of the old one. But now to that prototypes for the wheels and the door. I also copied them frmo the other mod both the files in the models folder and the prototype and they where named rtw_door01.V3O and 2 more doors also the same name at the wheel. I renamed them to lattsakrat_door01.v3o etc the same with the dds files to those files. And changed it in wordpad so they take the right texture. But now to the thing. When I trying to find those prototypes in the editor I can't find them until after some time I saw it where 2 rtw door1 rtw door2 etc and one of them was the original texture from the main mod and the other ones where only black I suppose those are the prototypes for my vehicles. They same with the wheel (dont remember the name of it though but found a wheel that was good atleast there were no "lattsakrat" wheel either. Now to my questions.

1. How do I rename them so they are called lattsakrat wheel1 etc in the editor

2. Why isn't any models or texture shown either. (If Im right that it is the other rtw door1 etc.

I hope you all understand what I mean and can answer my questions:)

Regards pudd

Think I can help, everything is right except you haven't brought the file into the game. Go to OBJECTS/VEHCILEPARTS_DOOR/(select the door you wish to replace)EDIT/Down at the bottom of the window that comes up there will be a spot, filemodel. Beside that is a browse button, push the browse button and then in the right window navigate your way to where you put the MODEL FILE OF THAT DOOR. (eg.models/ fire department) select the file that you want lattsakrat_door01.v3o. Click ok or what ever, now go select that file in the OBJECTS/ vehicle parts_door menu(under the name of the file you replaced NOT THE NEW NAME IT WON"T BE THERE. Once you find the door just go into the edit menu for that door change the name to bumpucker or what ever you want it to be recognized lattsakrat_side etc. And place as a child once in the appropriate spot on your vehicle. Need any help with the last part let me know, but by the sound of things you've done that 602 times.haha

post-702-1201920560_thumb.jpgpost-702-1201920571_thumb.jpgpost-702-1201920586_thumb.jpg[attachm

ent=361:ST4.JPG]post-702-1201920604_thumb.jpg

Hello again!

Im going through Hoppas manual to add a vehicle!

And I got a problem when addnig the wheel and door prototypes!

I copied a rtw model/texture from another mod also the prototypes.

And renamed them to mtw (it was a rtw from the beginning). It all works good with the body prototype and I renamed the v3o and the dds file to lattsakrat.dds/v3o and change it in the v3o file to take lattsakrat.dds file instead of the old one. But now to that prototypes for the wheels and the door. I also copied them frmo the other mod both the files in the models folder and the prototype and they where named rtw_door01.V3O and 2 more doors also the same name at the wheel. I renamed them to lattsakrat_door01.v3o etc the same with the dds files to those files. And changed it in wordpad so they take the right texture. But now to the thing. When I trying to find those prototypes in the editor I can't find them until after some time I saw it where 2 rtw door1 rtw door2 etc and one of them was the original texture from the main mod and the other ones where only black I suppose those are the prototypes for my vehicles. They same with the wheel (dont remember the name of it though but found a wheel that was good atleast there were no "lattsakrat" wheel either. Now to my questions.

1. How do I rename them so they are called lattsakrat wheel1 etc in the editor

2. Why isn't any models or texture shown either. (If Im right that it is the other rtw door1 etc.

I hope you all understand what I mean and can answer my questions:)

Regards pudd

post-702-1201920596_thumb.jpg