hunter42

S.T.A.L.K.E.R

i'm thinking of getting stalker shadow of chenobyl tomorrow (18/8), but i wanted to know if anyone else had it and if it was any good. i'm going to download a demo to see if it kills my computer or not. also, what fun things can you do in it? (e.g stupid things)

Guest Utrechtterror

A friend of mine has one. I want to have it too. lol

There's some sort of sandbox I heard. Because the main thing about this game is staying alive. So you have to hunt, kill etc. in order to achive that :)

edit;

wtf did you find a demo 0.o ?

A friend of mine has one. I want to have it too. lol

There's some sort of sandbox I heard. Because the main thing about this game is staying alive. So you have to hunt, kill etc. in order to achive that :)

edit;

wtf did you find a demo 0.o ?

sandbox as in create up you're own stuff?? nice!!! and i didn't find a demo, i looked and found out that they released a multiplayer demo but it died so there is no demo.

Guest Utrechtterror

Lol I got that problem in almost every game. Especially in MP games.

I'm sniping, and suddenly I see someone behind me. And I go mad and just shoot him lol.

sandbox as in create up you're own stuff?? nice!!!

I mean as in GTA

Lol I got that problem in almost every game. Especially in MP games.

I'm sniping, and suddenly I see someone behind me. And I go mad and just shoot him lol.

I mean as in GTA

as in free-roaming then?

hey stan, is it laggy at all? actually, what comp system do u have? (and is it laggy??)

that's the smart thing to do :rolleyes::laugh:

nevermind stan, i forgot games have system requirements

EDIT: my graphics card is way too low :( doesn't even meet the minimum requirements :1046276128_motz:

AMD Athlon 64 3200+

2 x 512mb ram

MSI RX800

Well somtimes it can get laggy depending onw eather conditions and what curently happens and how hot it's in the room

Guest Utrechtterror

I've got;

P4 2.66GHZ

2x 512MB

1X 256MB

(ddr..)

Ati Radeon X1650 Pro 512MB :D :D

And I play games similar to STALKER. The only problem is my processor. Lol.

You can upgrade your PC hunter :) ..

Finally got stalker (radiation edition) :rofl:

But i'm stuck, well not stuck as in lost, but stuck as in "im too scared to keep going because a poltergiest keeps throwing barrels at me" stuck. It's the mission in dark valley where you have to get documents. But now i have to find a keycode for a door that is being banged constantly by something. :huh:

Finally got stalker (radiation edition) :rofl:

But i'm stuck, well not stuck as in lost, but stuck as in "im too scared to keep going because a poltergiest keeps throwing barrels at me" stuck. It's the mission in dark valley where you have to get documents. But now i have to find a keycode for a door that is being banged constantly by something. :huh:

You are in the labs, right? In the underground :D

Ordered the Collectors edition of Stalker clear sky, too dumb i will never get the radiation pack :(

EDIT: Have luck behind the door.... took me hours to find out how to do thigns inside there^^

I am playing S.T.A.L.K.E.R. using two mods now; STALKER Weather Overhauled 2.2 and Oblivion Lost 2.1.1

The game is fun and thrilling sometimes. Love the night/day cyclus and the way you can collect items. :)

Amazing mods!!! except if i remember correctly, everytime i went to sleep, i woke up to find a blowout and i would die.

I keep crashing everytime i went underground

maybe because i was so scared i used a cheat engine thing
, but it didn't bother me and i just did small missions and trades :)

Amazing mods!!! except if i remember correctly, everytime i went to sleep, i woke up to find a blowout and i would die.

Had that twice after sleeping. Don't know why, but I didn't die. I just ran, kept using medkids and those injections against contamination till it got very dark. :)

hunter where did you get the radiation pack?

Found a last copy over here, those bastards made it cost 160usd

What the hell?! $160???? damn!

I tend to search around websites of stores that are near me and play.com (dont like amazon so i dont go there)

I found the radiation pack for under £15 at Currys, or there was a slight chance it was morrisons....nah, had to be Currys.

It was an ad in the Daily Mail ages ago. Great price, but the shipping took ages

Ordered it for 29euro in Belgium :D

Here we go with Stalker Radiation pack and Stalker Clear Sky Collectors edition, my month can't go stuck anymore

STALKER clear sky looks good, but I honestly don't know if I would get it. I'll wait for the reviews to come out first.

I like the look of the DX10 stuff that STALKER clear sky will have, especially the dynamic wet surfaces :D

The radiation pack will arrive in some days, paid 41euro :)

About STALKER Clear Sky, I don't wait on the reviews :D

btw, game list of games I still have to buy:

STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl collector FINALLY! Have got a normal version of STALKER for sale now...

STALKER Clear Sky Collector GOTCHA!

Brothers in arms Hells Highway

Call Of Duty World in War

Alone in the dark Collector

For the rest I'm waiting

Well I finished Stalker Shadow of Chernobyl with a wrong end, so I'm still playing both :P

I don't know how Clear Sky might be on XP but... what i see is nice, day and night lasts longer, people can bring you somewhere so you don't have to walk a whole map before getting where you want. The money got a sense now...

Well I like it but can only play it on Medium graphics but full dynamic range :) My PC is good, but my graphic card cant take it at very high. Too bad...

My pc:

------------------

System Information

------------------

Operating System: Windows Vista™ Ultimate (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.vistasp1_gdr.080425-1930)

BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5000+ (2 CPUs), ~2.6GHz

Memory: 4094MB RAM

Page File: 1499MB used, 6866MB available

DirectX Version: DirectX 10

---------------

Display Devices

---------------

Card name: ATI Radeon HD 2600 XT

Manufacturer: ATI Technologies Inc.

Display Memory: 2034 MB

Dedicated Memory: 243 MB