FirefighterFanatic

ERS Berlin Updater Issue

(First time I posted this, I put it in the EM5 category. oops.)

So, I downloaded the ERS Berlin Updater (Along with .NET Framework 4 as the side said,) and installed it.

Whenever I try launching the updater, and I get a message that says "Unable to find a version of runtime to run this application."

My current OS is Windows XP (Service Pack 3.)

Is there anyway to fix this?

I might be wrong, but have you tried running it as administrator? I know there is one installer in that pack that doesn't automatically require administrative permissions. Also, just a friendly hint, next time just report the thread and request a moderator to move the topic, so that you don't get introuble for technically making duplicate threads.

• Upvote 1

I dont have that option in Windows XP, I think that wasnt introduced until Windows Vista.

Oh, sorry about that, forgot about that issue, here is what I found on microsofts support page :)

1. Locate the program you want to start in Windows Explorer, the Microsoft Management Console (MMC), or Control Panel.
  2. Press and hold down the SHIFT key while you right-click the program icon, and then click Run as.
  3. Click Run the program as the following user, and then type the user name, password, and domain of the administrator account that you want to use.

Oh, sorry about that, forgot about that issue, here is what I found on microsofts support page :)

1. Locate the program you want to start in Windows Explorer, the Microsoft Management Console (MMC), or Control Panel.
  2. Press and hold down the SHIFT key while you right-click the program icon, and then click Run as.
  3. Click Run the program as the following user, and then type the user name, password, and domain of the administrator account that you want to use.

Thank you!