William Stapleford

WIP light alterations and additions

I will post some pics later but thanks to the help of anyone that has taken the time to informe on basic lighting I have decided to post some screen shots (coming when I get home) and possibly the files for test if I can figure out how to actually make it work in game.

So far all I have been able to get to work is in the editor and all screen shots are taken in the editor with a small scene I constructed for testing lights and the effects of the surrounding environment.

A few problems have come up though as I play around.

The first is that the light shines through the vehicles making it impossble at least for me to make strobes on the front of a lightbar different then those in the rear. Often here in the states thats the way it is. I can not figure out how to get the lights to be seen in only one direction.

Second lights go out of synch with the flare effects to ground even if the timing and custom effects values are copied directly to the other effect. It may last a little while but then drifts out. Sometimes very noticeable.

Third I can not understand how to create a light up polygon as they did in the game. Looking for help with understanding this if someone can lead me onto the right path. Most of the EM5 vehicles I have turned off the lighting for the blue lens found under material lighting if I remember correct.

Forth even if the lighting effect is turned off for some vehicles the blue color is built into the models texture. How do you change the paint scheme or alter the textures of the vehicle. Another thing that I could use help understanding.

Remember that I am new and trying to understand this I am in no way trying to put others work to shame or even compete with them. Im sure the others mods are far better.

Changes made to date.

Police car

Added flashing strobes rear brakes

Strobes headlights

Red flashing strobes to fog lights

Rear yellow flashing strobes to rear window

Tow truck

Changed all effects to yellow fast flashing strobes for light bar

Added red center flashing strobes to lightbar

Added red tail strobes

Added yellow side marker and turn signal flashing strobes

Changed surrounding lighting effects, created 4 spot effects for lightbar effects.

Ambulance

Added forward strobes headlights

Rear strobes tail lights

Rear red and yellow strobes top rear marker lights

Yellow side marker lights strobes

Yellow/red side marker mini strobes

Changed to alternating flashing blue lights on top

More changes to come and screenshots.

Thanks to all who have helped and continue to help with my above mentioned problems.

Bill

Here are some of the screenshots I promised.  Remember that all these shots were taken in the editor on a small street setup I created and an accident scene to show reflections.  After review I believe that several of the lights need to be toned down.  Also because I have no clue how to actually model a new vehicle each of these vehicles is default and I changed the colors to be more of what I find around this area.  Tow trucks in the States (USA) do not have blue lights, these lights are reserved for Emergency Vehicles only. Feel free to comments and if someone explain how to get these in the game please let me know.  

NEW_amb_police_test_1.jpg

NEW_amb_police_test_2.jpg

NEW_amb_test_1.jpg

New_tow_truck_yellow1.jpg

accident_scene1.jpg

More Changes and alterations to come.

If someone could please help me figure out how to reskin these items I would be very thankful.