bama1234

Zmodeler 3 question about person models

It does. It also allows you to create new animations although I've had limited success doing it. I'm trying to go back through and add new animations for my upcoming mod.

Editing person models is much easier with ZM3

It does. It also allows you to create new animations although I've had limited success doing it. I'm trying to go back through and add new animations for my upcoming mod.

Editing person models is much easier with ZM3

Thank you, that's all I needed to hear. I'll be getting it as soon as possible then

Just be aware that there is a pretty restrictive licensing policy and the developer has it really locked down...almost to the point of affecting usability.

You can only use it on 1 PC...and the software enforces that. Often times I find myself having to manually validate the license before I begin opening save files or importing .v3os after launching it.

While I do love it, I feel as though the developer was so concerned over piracy that he sacrificed some user experience points.

Overall good software, just thought I'd warn you.

you get a 14-days trial license upon submitting your computer ID in ZModeler account. Thus, you can try everything on your own for free.

Thanks, I purchased a 1-month license to test things out for a little longer. 

Question for anyone, can updated .VMO and correct .v3o files be exported after adding new objects to person models, or do we still have to use Hoppah's painful method of editing each .v3o text file to add the vertices?

Haven't tried it yet but I'd imagine it can be added directly and exported...so long as you don't touch the bones.

When I try attaching the object to the person model, of course it creates the same problems as it would if it were Zmod2, because it's not anchored to a bone / anchor. 

I can see the different anchor points on the person in Zmod3, but I can't figure out how to attach the new object to an individual anchor point. No anchor points show up in the Attach List.