RookHavoc

Experience with the West Midlands Ambulance Service

My experience with West Midlands Ambulance Service

Ok so first of all this wasn't exactly fully my experience, they were there for my sister. My sister had been vomiting all night, complained of dizziness, coldness and her vision fading. At around 4:30am we called 999 and luckily we had a first responder just around the corner, so they arrived literally 50 seconds into the call. The first responder dealt my sister with care and professionalism and was very friendly and polite. He called for an Ambulance after assessing my sister, finding out she had low blood sugar levels, which can be dealt with at the scene, but the paramedic decided to take her to hospital for the other issues such as vomiting and pains in her stomach. This was my first ever experience with the ambulance service and to be honest was very frightened. I started getting nervous and must of started to suffer from some kind of shock, which made me feel a bit dizzy and that I needed to lie down. Luckily I'm a quick thinker and i'm familiar with how to come over things like that as soon as it started (watching all of those ambulance and police shows always pays off). So I sat down and breathed deeply and felt fine after. The paramedics took my sister to hospital (not under lights and sirens) and she only spent about 4 hours in hospital and was soon released.

I feel very lucky to have such a wonderful ambulance service, and I am very grateful for everything they did and do. My sister is now on the road to full recovery and signs of her getting stronger are showing as the day goes on.

article-0-0529431A000005DC-638_468x286.j