Guest chevyrulzs2010

Help With MP

Guest chevyrulzs2010

hi i want to play MP but well 1 there is never any servers up and when me or my friend creats a server the other cant find it we have tried direct ip and we both have la mod v1.3F (which is great by the way) and the inly thing i can think of is that we have different verisions of the game he has DE i have PL both 1.3 any one no how to use multiplayer? plz help

Guest ShortCappy

It doesn't matter what language game version players have. What does matter is that if you and your friend have an enabled firewall, y'all need to allow em4.exe (or em4deluxe.exe) to accept incoming connections, which a message would pop up in Windows as soon as you enter multiplayer mode for the first time.

Another thing that needs to be done in the firewall is to open ports TCP 80, TCP 58282, UDP 12345, TCP 54321, and UDP 54321. If y'all are using a firewall other than Windows Firewall, then y'all have to figure how to open the ports yourselves. If both of you are using Windows Firewall, then go to Start -> Control Panel. Select "Security Center", then select "Windows Firewall". Click on the "Exceptions" tab, then hit the "Add Port..." button. Now, to open port TCP 80 (for example), type "EM4 - TCP 80" in the Name field and type "80" in the Port Number field. TCP is already selected by default (select UDP if you're opening a UDP port). Click OK and do the same thing for the other 4 ports. When you're done, close all of those windows.

If your PC or your friend's PC is behind a router (if you or your friend has one in the house), make sure to open those 5 ports as well.

Guest chevyrulzs2010
It doesn't matter what language game version players have. What does matter is that if you and your friend have an enabled firewall, y'all need to allow em4.exe (or em4deluxe.exe) to accept incoming connections, which a message would pop up in Windows as soon as you enter multiplayer mode for the first time.

Another thing that needs to be done in the firewall is to open ports TCP 80, TCP 58282, UDP 12345, TCP 54321, and UDP 54321. If y'all are using a firewall other than Windows Firewall, then y'all have to figure how to open the ports yourselves. If both of you are using Windows Firewall, then go to Start -> Control Panel. Select "Security Center", then select "Windows Firewall". Click on the "Exceptions" tab, then hit the "Add Port..." button. Now, to open port TCP 80 (for example), type "EM4 - TCP 80" in the Name field and type "80" in the Port Number field. TCP is already selected by default (select UDP if you're opening a UDP port). Click OK and do the same thing for the other 4 ports. When you're done, close all of those windows.

If your PC or your friend's PC is behind a router (if you or your friend has one in the house), make sure to open those 5 ports as well.

ok well i solved this in another way if you have a router then you cant host or maybe if you open the ports you can but i just bypassed the router and it works

Guest ShortCappy

My PC is behind a router with the required ports opened to host games and I have no problems getting other people to join them. What's the name and model of the router you're using?